- 8 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 8 hrs ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 9 hrs ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 11 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- Movies Shahid Kapoor FINALLY Talks About Kabir Singh; Says We Want You To Feel He's Unacceptable In Defense
- News HDK loses trust vote: Democracy, honesty and people of Karnataka lost, says Rahul Gandhi
- Technology TRAI Favours Cable Operators: Says No To Fix Minimum Net Worth For Registration
- Finance ITR filing Date Extended To August 31
- Sports Virat Kohli retains top spot in ICC Test Rankings; Ashwin, Jadeja remain in top 10 for bowlers
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
MG Motor India is preparing for the launch of their first product for the Indian market, the Hector SUV. The company, wholly-owned by SAIC Motor Corp has released their first teaser of the upcoming SUV. The MG Hector SUV is expected to launch in the Indian market sometime in mid-2019.
Ahead of its upcoming launch, Rushlane has received spy images of the MG Hector SUV undergoing off-road testing in Manali. Reports suggest that the MG Hector is completing its off-road testing, travelling between Manali to Leh.
The MG Hector is a five-seater SUV, which is already available in international markets. The Hector is called, the 'Baojun 530' in China and 'Wuling Almaz' in Indonesia. The Indian-spec MG SUV will borrow components from them, however, the Hector will be engineered specifically for the Indian market.
The MG Hector will be produced in the company's manufacturing unit in Halol, Gujarat. The company will make use of 75 per cent localisation, allowing MG Motor to price the Hector SUV competitively in the Indian market.
The Interiors of the MG Hector is expected to come with a vertically-mounted touchscreen infotainment system. The unit supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, the display also doubles up as a 360-degree camera. The instrument cluster comes with central MID positioned between the speedometer and tachometer.
Apart from this, the Hector also features adjustable leather seating, panoramic sunroof, push-button start, steering-mounted control, cruise control, electric parking brake and a host of other safety features.
The MG Hector is said to be powered by a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine, This is the same engine which powers both the Jeep Compass and the upcoming Tata Harrier. The engine on the MG Hector SUV is expected to churn out 170bhp of power output with 350Nm of torque. The SUV will also come powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine. The specifications of this engine are yet to be revealed by MG Motor.
Apart from the Hector SUV, MG Motor already has a number of products lined up for the Indian market — click here to know everything about MG Motor's entry into the Indian market.
Thoughts On The MG Hector SUV Spy Pics
The MG Hector SUV once launched in India will fall into the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. MG Motor hope that with 75 per cent localisations, the company will be able to price it competitively at around Rs 15 - 20 lakh, ex-showroom.