- 25 min ago Renault Kiger Deliveries To Begin From 3 March 2021: Read More To Know About The Compact SUV!
- 2 hrs ago All-New Bajaj Pulsar 250 Spied Testing For The First Time: Spy Pics & Details
- 16 hrs ago MG Motor & Tata Power Set Up The First 50 kW Superfast EV Charging Station In Chennai: Read More!
- 18 hrs ago Volkswagen Vitrus Spotted Testing Once Again In India: Here Are All The Details!
- News Saudi crown prince approved killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi US intel
- Technology AMD Radeon RX 6700 Likely To Launch On Mark 3: RTX 3060 Alternative?
- Sports ISSF Shotgun World Cup: India win bronze in skeet team event
- Movies Sonakshi Sinha Lauds Hima Das For Being Appointed As DSP Of Assam; Says 'Just Looking At This Makes So Proud'
- Finance Aadhaar Myths Debunked: Know Facts About Aadhaar
- Lifestyle Shilpa Shetty Kundra Flaunts INR 25K Pink Saree Dress At Her Maldives Vacation And We Want It Too!
- Education Delhi University Convocation 2021: Check DU 97th Convocation Latest Updates
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
MG Motors has announced the July 2019 sales figures for their first product, the Hector in the Indian market. The MG Hector has recorded 1.508 units of sales in its first month of July 2019 in the country.
The Hector SUV has received an overwhelming response in the market, with over 28,000 bookings since launch. The company has temporarily discontinued bookings for the Hector in India. Deliveries of the MG Hector has already begun as well.
The MG Hector is India's first ‘Internet Car' and is manufactured at the company plant in Halol, Gujarat. MG Motor India has also announced that they will be increasing the production of the Hector to meet the growing demands in the market, while also ensuring lower waiting periods and high customer satisfaction.
Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motor India, stated:
"We thank our customers for the initial response to the Hector. We remain strongly focused on providing them with a delightful customer experience by ensuring timely vehicle deliveries and seamless assistance."
The MG Hector was launched in India last month and is offered with a starting price of Rs 12.18 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Hector is offered with a host of features and equipment, this includes its ‘i-Smart' technology which offers connected functionalities with the help of an e-sim embedded into the infotainment system.
Some of the features on the MG Hector include a vertically-stacked 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with in-built apps, navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto; controlled either by touch or through an AI-voice assist.
It also comes with a digital instrument cluster, cruise control, LED lighting all around the exterior, seven airbags, ISOFIX, 360-degree camera, parking assists, hill-hold assist, ABS with EBD, traction control and a host of other features — here are the top things to know about the MG Hector.
The Hector is powered by two engine options: 1.5-litre turbo petrol producing 140bhp and 250Nm of torque; a 2.0-litre diesel churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a six-speed manual with the optional seven-speed DCT on offer as well.
The petrol engine further comes with a 48v mild-hybrid system, which improves initial performance while also being more fuel-efficient — here is our detailed review of the Hector SUV.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Sales For July 2019
The MG Hector is positioned in the competitive mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. The SUV has been received extremely well in the country, mainly owing to its strong pricing options. The Hector in India rivals the likes of the Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500, Hyundai Creta and the upcoming Kia Seltos.