- 38 min ago Suzuki Gixxer SF First Ride Review — Greatness Reborn
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 First Ride Review — It Could Just Save The 250cc Segment In India
- 17 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- Movies Actress Revathy Sampath Makes Shocking Allegations Against Actor Siddique!
- Sports World Cup flashbacks: Five memorable cameos that changed games
- Lifestyle Eyestrain Asthenopia: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Technology Vivo to launch it's first punch hole display smartphone, the Vivo Z5x on 24th of May
- Finance SEBI Allows Mutual Funds To Participate In Commodities Derivatives
- News EC to meet today after Oppn demands verification of VVPAT slips
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
MG Motor Hector SUV, the first product for India from the British-origin automotive brand, has been officially teased. The new MG Hector will launch in India sometime by mid-2019, as shared by its Chinese parent company SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation).
In fact, MG Motor has got a lot of products planned for the Indian market, including an all-electric SUV for 2020. The brand is expected to showcase stiff competition to the popular names on the market — click here to know everything regarding MG Motors' Indian debut.
Coming back to the MG Hector, the five-seater SUV is already on sale in certain global markets. For instance, it is sold as the Wuling Almaz in Indonesia and Baojun 530 in China. The Indian version of the Hector will share a lot of components with them, but will be engineered to be ideal for our road and weather conditions.
The new MG Hector will offer enough and more on the inside, and is slightly larger than the Jeep Compass in dimension. Features such as a large touchscreen infotainment system (with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink), 360-degree parking camera, panoramic sunroof, powered leather seats and cruise control will be part of the package.
Regarding the specifications, the MG Hector will come with two BS-VI-compliant engine choices: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel (sourced from FCA). It is too early to know the exact output of each motor, but we expect it to be somewhere close to 160bhp/200Nm for the petrol variant and 170bhp/340Nm for the diesel. This will be mated to an automatic transmission which drives the front wheels.
Prices for the new MG Motor Hector should be in the range of Rs 20 – 22 lakh ex-showroom. The SUV will be produced at SAIC's manufacturing facility in Halol, Gujarat. Once launched, it will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tucson and even the new Tata Harrier — read the detailed review.
Thoughts On The New MG Hector SUV
The new MG Hector seems to promise a lot, even though the brand is yet to reveal all the exact details. The five-seater SUV segment in India is really competitive and MG Motor has to make the Hector stand apart from the rest to see enough success. What do you think of the new MG Motors Hector? Let us know in the comment section below!