- just now Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 1 hr ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India On June 17: Will Rival The BMW X7
- News Fake: NSA Doval has written no such letter on the Indo-China standoff
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Jennifer Winget: Her Top Five Western Fashion Looks That Wowed Us
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Technology BSNL Offering Four 4 Months Free Services To Its Broadband Customers: How To Avail
- Movies Rishi Kapoor's One Month Death Anniversary: Neetu Kapoor Pens Heartfelt Poem; Riddhima Pays Tribute
- Sports Cricket West Indies effects 50% cut in salaries, cricket funding
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
MG Motor India recently unveiled their first product, the Hector in the Indian market. The MG Hector is scheduled to launch in the Indian market sometime in June 2019.
Ahead of its launch in the country, Autocar India reports that bookings for the MG Hector has already commenced unofficially. Upcoming dealers in Mumbai and Goa seem to have already started accepting bookings for the mid-size SUV from the Chinese-owned British brand.
According to the reports, the upcoming dealers of MG Motor are accepting bookings for an amount of Rs 51,000. The dealerships, however are yet to be set up, with the first showroom commencing operations from 4th June in Delhi.
The MG Hector comes with large overall dimensions, offering a big-SUV stance. It will come as a five-seater SUV and offer a host of features and technology to attract customers. The design of the MG Hector itself is bold with the large chrome grille up front, LED headlamps, LED DRLs and LED tail lights and a bunch of other premium equipment on the exteriors.
Inside, the MG Hector will offer the segment-largest 10.3-inch touchscreen infotainment centre, which will be vertically-stacked. Being a connected car, the MG Hector comes with an e-sim from Vodafone inserted with the touchscreen display, offering other internet features and other connectivity functionality as well.
Apart from this, the MG Hector is also packed with all the safety features expected in the car in the segment. These safety features include airbags, ABS with EBD, brake assist, electronic stability control, traction control, cruise control and a host of others.
In terms of mechanicals, the MG Hector will be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine and a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol. The 2.0-litre diesel is the same engine which powers both the Jeep Compass and the Tata Harrier. On the Hector SUV, it produces 168bhp and 350Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The 1.5-litre turbo-petrol produces 141bhp and 250Nm of torque and is mated to either a six-speed manual or a dual-clutch automatic transmission. The MG Hector petrol will also comes with a 48V mild-hybrid set up which will be available on the top-three variants of the petrol-manual trims.
Also, on the sidelines of the unveil of the Hector SUV, MG Motor India also revealed that the brand is currently working on a seven-seater variant of the Hector SUV as well. The new seven-seater Hector is expected to be introduced in India sometime in 2020.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Bookings
The MG Hector is one of the much-awaited SUVs in the mid-size segment. MG is expected to price the Hector in the range of Rs 16 - 20 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the MG Hector will rival the likes of the Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 and the Hyundai Creta.