- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar SUVs Spotted At Dealerships Without Infotainment System: Here Are The Details
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 9 hrs ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- News Give names of perpetrators: Delhi Police issues notice to farmer leader Darshan Pal
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 January 27 Highlights: Nikki Fights Vikas And Devoleena; Arshi Talks To Rahul About Vikas
- Finance Analysts Recommend Avoiding Yes Bank; See Stock Falling Further
- Sports ISL 2020-21: Kerala Blasters FC vs Jamshedpur FC: Unlucky Kerala shares spoils with Jamshedpur
- Education RRB NTPC Admit Card 2021 Phase-3, Check Region-wise Links
- Lifestyle Are Papayas A Healthy Choice For People With Diabetes?
- Travel February 2021: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
- Technology Realme Narzo 30A Gets NBTC, BIS Certifications; Hints India Launch As Well
Bookings for the MG Hector have been opened. MG Motor India has started accepting bookings for its first product — The MG Hector. The MG Hector can be booked at one of MG Motors' 120 touch points in India or on www.mgmotor.co.in. Bookings can be made by paying a token amount of Rs 50,000.
MG Motor India is all set to launch its first product later this month and just a couple of weeks before its launch, the company has decided to open bookings for the MG Hector. The MG Hector was revealed for the Indian market on May 15 after several months of teasing and also testing.
Now, we know the product we will be receiving and the features it will come with. The MG Hector is a handsome SUV and right up front, one can say that it checks all the right boxes for an SUV. For starters, it is huge, measuring 4,655mm in length, 1,835mm in width, and 1,760mm in height.
Indians love their big bulky SUVs and MG has made sure they brought in theirs. However, make no mistake as it is bulky just in sheer size, but the design and styling involves several sharp and striking elements.
Right up front, we have the LED DRLs that have been placed above while the headlamps have been moved to the bumper. The bumper features a faux skid plate finished in silver while there is a black-coloured mesh grille right above it with chrome surrounds.
The MG Hector's size plays a prominent role in how it looks from the sides and at the rear is a simple yet stately design. The MG Hector has classy looking interiors too. It is an all-black interior theme with leather seats and upholstery.
The floor mats come with contrasting red-coloured borders and there is a good chunky steering wheel. Taking centre-place on the dashboard is a 10.4-inch, Full HD, touchscreen infotainment unit. It is a smart infotainment unit and MG calls it i-Smart.
The i-Smart infotainment unit is the reason MG Motor can boldly call the Hector as the first internet car. It features smart connectivity and has been developed with involvement from several tech giants including Microsoft, Cisco, Unlimit, etc.
It comes loaded with several in-built apps and is also pre-loaded with entertainment in the form of videos. It also features voice command that integrates vehicular functions. If you need to roll down the windows, all you need to do is ask the i-Smart system to do it for you. It is 5G enabled and comes with a machine-to-machine SIM card that takes care of data requirements. Navigation, emergency response, geo-fencing, it has got it all, and more.
The MG Hector will be available with petrol, diesel and hybrid drivetrain options. The petrol variant is powered by a 1.5-litre, turbo-petrol, four-cylinder unit with a maximum power output of 141bhp and a peak torque output of 250Nm. A 6-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic will be available as options with the petrol engine.
The diesel variant is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine. This engine will be supplied by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles which is the parent company of Jeep. Yes, the engine is the same unit that powers the Jeep Compass which will be one of the main rivals to the MG Hector.
In the MG Hector, the 2.0-litre unit will produce a maximum power output of 168bhp and a peak torque output of 350Nm. A 6-speed manual gearbox takes care of transmission duties. There is also a mild-hybrid version of the petrol engine that will be available with the MG Hector.
It uses the same 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine as the petrol variant but this time, it comes with the addition of a 48-volt hybrid system. The system uses regenerative braking to charge the 48-volt battery pack which can then provide assistance to the petrol engine as and when required. The mild-hybrid variant is claimed to be up to 12 percent more efficient than the petrol engine.
Thoughts On MG Hector Bookings Being Opened
Bookings have finally opened for the MG Hector and those who have been waiting for the SUV to be launched can go-ahead and book it. As for the question of how does it drive and is it comfortable enough? We will be able to answer them next week when we get to drive this behemoth. Stay tuned for the review of the MG Hector.