- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Which constituencies are voting today; Complete list of polls and by-polls on Oct 21
- Movies Badshah Responds After Dr Zeus Accuses Bala Filmmakers Of Having Plagiarized ‘Don’t Be Shy’
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
MG Motor India recently unveiled their upcoming Hector SUV in India. The five-seater MG Hector will be the first product from the SIAC-owned brand in the Indian market. The MG Hector is scheduled to launch in the market sometime in June, with bookings starting during the first-week.
Now, Autocar India has reported that MG is said to be working on introducing a seven-seater variant of the Hector in the market as well. The new MG Hector seven-seater variant has been confirmed for India and is said to go on sale by early-2020.
MG will introduce a third-row of seats on the Hector, although it is yet to be confirmed if the new variant will be offered as a seven or eight-seater. The MG Hector comes with large dimensions, which definitely allow for the addition of a third-row.
The MG Hector unveiled recently comes with a largest-in-segment boot space of 587-litres. This easily allows for the addition of a third-row, without making any major changes to the Hector. The seven-seater variant of the MG Hector will be based on the Baujon 530 SUV, which is already available in the Chinese market.
Rajeev Chaba, MD & CEO, MG Motor India, told Autocar India, "Technically, we cannot call it a 7- or 8-seater due to its dimensions, but the Hector will get a third row of seats and that should come around the same time as the BS6 emission norms come into effect."
MG Motors unveiled the Hector SUV in India yesterday. The Hector comes with large overall dimensions measuring 4,655mm in length, 1,835mm in width and 1,760mm in height. It also comes with a wheelbase of 2,750mm and has a ground clearance of 192mm.
The MG Hector once launched in the Indian market, will be available with a choice of two engines: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol producing 141bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel churning out 168bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engine will come mated to a six-speed manual transmission while the petrol also get the optional dual-clutch automatic gearbox as well.
The petrol engine will additionally also come with a 48v hybrid motor on the top-spec variant of the Hector; mated to the manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Seven-Seater SUV
The MG Hector seven-seater SUV will be one among the four new models, scheduled for the Indian market. It will be priced slightly higher than the five-seater Hector SUV at around Rs 25 lakh. Once launched in India, the MG Hector seven-seater will take on the likes of the Tata Cassini (upcoming seven-seater variant of the Harrier), Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Skoda Kodiaq.