- 1 hr ago New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Turbo-Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.68 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai i20 2020 Models Interiors Revealed Ahead Of India Launch: Details And Expected Features
- 2 hrs ago New Mercedes-Benz A-Class Sedan Bookings Open In India: Launch Expected In The Coming Months
- 3 hrs ago Honda Activa 125 BS6 Models Recalled: Company To Replace Cooling Fan Cover And Oil Gauge
- News Pleas seeking FIR against Sonia, Rahul, Priyanka, others for alleged hate speech moved in Delhi HC
- Movies Marakkar Arabikadalinte Simham: Pranav Mohanlal's First Look Poster Is Here!
- Technology Huawei P40 Lite Debuts As Rebranded Nova 6 SE: Price And Specifications
- Sports Revealed: Plans for Tuwaiq Trophy at WWE Super Showdown 2020
- Finance You Will Soon Be Able To Buy Mutual Funds Directly From Exchanges
- Lifestyle Taapsee Pannu And Other Divas Flaunt Stylish Outfits At The Thappad Screening Event
- Travel Least Polluted Cities In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
MG Motors is all set to introduce its second product in the Indian market, with the ZS electric SUV. The MG eZS SUV is scheduled to go on sale in the market from December 2019.
Ahead of its launch, MG Motor has partnered with Finland-based Fortum to set-up charging stations across the country. The two companies recently announced the installation of their first 50Kw DC fast-charging station in Gurugram. The public fast-charging station is the first of many to be set-up across India.
Apart from the recently installed station in Gurugram, MG and Fortum will also set-up fast-charging stations in South Delhi, West Delhi and Noida. There will also be six other 50Kw DC fast-charging stations set-up in MG dealer locations in different cities as well. This includes Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Mumbai.
All EV owners can use the fast-charging technology in any of the above-mentioned cities and locations by registering with Fortum Charge and the Drive India mobile app. However, these electric vehicles need to be compatible with CCS/CHAdeMO standards.
Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India, stated:
"With an aim to be the leader in the EV segment in India, we are pulling out all the stops to ensure adequate charging infrastructure for our first EV customers. Our endeavour is to create a robust ecosystem for EVs, right from charging to end-of-life for electric vehicles in India and the installation of the first public fast charger is the first major step in this direction."
"The upcoming launch of the MG ZS EV is aligned with the government's long-term objective to have more electric vehicles on the road in the next few years."
Sanjay Aggarwal, Managing Director, Fortum India, stated:
"We are happy to establish India's first public charging network of 50 KW DC chargers in partnership with MG. We have already witnessed an uptake in adoption of electric vehicles in the last year through our existing charging network of 15/20 KW DC001 Chargers."
"This collaboration will further bolster this growth. As one of the key players, we are constantly evaluating the Indian market for charging infrastructure and will continue to give a pleasant charging experience to EV users through our partnership like one with MG."
Talking about the upcoming MG eZS SUV, it will be the second product from the brand in the Indian market, after the Hector. The batteries are mated to an electric motor, powering the front wheels and producing 148bhp and 300Nm of peak torque.
The MG eZS will come with a 4.58Kwh lithium-ion battery pack, returning 428km of range on a single charge. The electric SUV will come with both standard and fast-charging technology. The fast-charging will allow the eZS to charge from 0 - 80% in just 30 mins.
Apart from the electric ZS SUV, MG Motor is also planning to introduce a conventional fossil-fuel-powered version as well. According to a leaked document, the MG ZS SUV will offer a range of two petrol engine options as well.
This includes a 1.5-litre NA unit producing 104bhp and 141Nm of peak torque. It will also offer a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol-hybrid unit churning out 110bhp and 160Nm of torque. Both engines on the standard model will be compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms as well.
Thoughts On The MG Motor Fast-Charging Station
MG Motor is pulling out all the stops to set-up electric charging infrastructure in the Indian market, ahead of its all-electric SUV launch. The company will also offer eZS customers a free home charging station as well. The MG eZS once launched in India will rival the likes of the recently introduced Hyundai Kona EV.