- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Sports BAI announces cash rewards for Sindhu, Sai Praneeth
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Disha Patani Walked The Ramp In An Exotic Blue Eye Look
- News Irked by UAE's Honour to PM Modi, Pakistan's Senate Chairman cancels visit to Gulf nation
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
MG Motor recently launched their first product in the Indian market, with the mid-size Hector SUV. Now, the company is already working on the launch of its second product, the eZS electric SUV for India.
We had earlier reported that the new MG eZS electric SUV will go on sale later this year (sometime in December 2019). Now Autocar India reports that MG will launch the electric SUV in a phased manner in the country.
The MG eZS will be launched initially in five cities: Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore & Ahmedabad. These selected cities will also receive the required charging infrastructure for eZS, ahead of its launch.
MG is said to have partnered with Fortum - a Finnish energy company, to help them set up the country's first 50Kw DC fast-charger across all their dealerships in the five cities. These fast-chargers is expected to be set up ahead of the eZS launch, sometime by the month of September.
Apart from the fast-charging technology in the company dealerships, MG has also collaborated with a domestic partner to set up home charging points for the customers. These home charging points will be set up by MG themselves at an additional cost to the customers.
Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India told Autocar:
"We have to make a start. We cannot wait for infrastructure to develop and then launch the car. EV is the direction and the future. And from our perspective, luckily we have the technology and the product. So, why not take advantage of that and do it?"
He further added, "From an infrastructure perspective, our goal is very simple. If the range is around 300km, then you can give the option to the consumer to charge at home every day. We will ensure that the charging infrastructure at the consumer's place is done by us."
In terms of the MG eZS electric SUV itself, the company is yet to officially announce the exact power figures from the electric motor powering the model. However, the eZS is said to have a maximum range of 300km on a single charge.
Thoughts On The MG eZS Electric SUV Launch & Charging Infrastructure Plans
The MG eZs SUV will be the second product from the brand and the first electric vehicle in the Indian market. The MG eZS will be imported into the country as a CKD unit and assembled in the brand's Halol plant in Gujarat. Once launched in India later this year, the MG eZS will rival the likes of the Hyundai Kona electric SUV which is said to debut in India soon.