- 20 min ago Renault India Offers Discounts & Benefits On Kwid, Triber & Duster Up To Rs 60,000 In June 2020
- 25 min ago BMW Group Plant Chennai Sets New Benchmarks In Sustainable Manufacturing
- 49 min ago Tata HBX Micro SUV Resumes Testing After The Lockdown Eased: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Volkswagen India Introduces Das WeltAuto 3.0 — Buying And Selling Pre-Owned Cars
- Sports Yuvraj Singh apologises for unintentionally hurting public sentiments with his casteist remarks
- Movies Netizens Troll Rohit Roy For Posting 'Rajinikanth Tested Positive For Corona'; Call It A BAD Joke!
- Lifestyle On World Environment Day 2020, Go Green With These Bollywood Divas’ Inspired Lovely Outfits
- Finance Markets End The Day Higher, SBI Surges Post Numbers
- Technology Why Completely Boycotting Chinese Products Or Brands Is A Far-Fetched Dream
- News 15 days time, transportation of migrants cannot go on forever says SC
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
The 2020 Mercedes Benz GLB was was officially unveiled at the Shanghai International Auto Show, and is now all set for a year end launch. The compact SUV is a crossover that offers seating capacity for up to seven passengers.
The 2020 Mercedes Benz GLB features a boxy profile, and a rugged stance that make the car look ultra modern. The car features 18" alloy wheels, a short front and overhang. It also has a unique door arrangement.
The doors cover part of the side bar and open wider than conventional doors. This design prevents dirt from collecting in door openings. The car also features a protective cladding fitted to the underbody at the front and rear of the GLB.
The wheelbase is shorter than the wheelbase of the Mercedes Benz GLC but longer than that of the GLA. Mercedes say this has resulted in a more spacious cabin and third row seating. The second row seats are set in a 40:20:40 split folding-style offering easier access to the rear seats.
Features on the interior of the Mercedes Benz GLB include three rounded central air conditioning vents, a wide screen cock pit and infotainment system that features MBUX multimedia, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, and a 7-inch touchscreen display that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible.
Other features present on the 2020 Mercedes Benz GLC are electronically adjustable driver and passenger seats, keyless entry, a rear view camera, dual zone climate control, fog lamps, cruise control and a power lift gate. The car also features Active Brake Assist, Adaptive Braking, Hill Start Assist, Crosswind Assist, and Mercedes' Attention Assist System.
The GLC is powered by the M260 engine. This is a 2.0-Litre turbocharged four-cylinder that produces 221bhp of power and 349.8Nm of torque. The car is capable of the 0-100kmph mark in 6.9 seconds, and a top speed of 209kmph.
The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The 4MATIC AWD system is available as an optional. Suspension duties are handled by via MacPherson' at the front, and multi-link axle with compression springs at the rear. Adaptive Damping is offered as an optional. Adaptive Damping allows the driver to choose between Comfort and Sport suspension mode via a dynamic select switch.
There is n o official information about pricing of the SUV, and no information about when it will launch in India. Rumor has it that the vehicle will be priced at about $35,000 (Rs 24,30,820 plus taxes and extras). Once launched, the Mercedes Benz GLB will compete against the Volkswagen Tiguan, Range Rover Discovery Sport and the Audi Q3.
Thoughts Abut The New Mercedes Benz GLB
What we can say is that we like what we see. The SUV looks simple but stunning. We hope the car is launched soon, and come to India as soon as possible. Can't wait to test drive this beauty.