- 14 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 17 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 18 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- News Coronavirus outbreak: ICMR removes price cap of Rs 4,500 for COVID-19 tests
- Lifestyle The Top 5 Outfits Of Sonakshi Sinha’s That Will So Inspire You To Dress Up
- Technology Gaming With Prime Offers Free Smartphone In-Game Content On Popular Titles
- Finance No Restriction Put On Use Of PoA By Brokers: SEBI
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- Sports Borussia Dortmund 0-1 Bayern Munich: Kimmich's Klassiker strike extends leaders' advantage
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
German luxury auto manufacturer Mercedes Benz has just launched the BS-VI compliant Long Wheelbase E-Class sedan in India. The sedan is priced between Rs 57.5 lakh and Rs 62.5 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Mercedes-Benz India, said, "The company had rolled out India's first 'Made in India, for India' BS-VI vehicle in January 2018."
"Since then, we have been steadily transitioning our portfolio into BS-VI and the introduction of the BS-VI long-wheelbase E-Class reiterates our commitment towards the new emission norms from April 2020," he added.
The new Mercedes Benz E-Class LWBcar has excellent safety features including seven airbags, parking pilot with active parking assist and adaptive brake lights. It also features wireless charging for mobile phones (both front and rear), and touchscreens for the rear passengers to control media, climate and vehicle functionalities.
Schwenk said the E-Class has sold over 41,000 units in India in over two decades and the Long Wheelbase E-Class will carved a niche of its own in the segment.
Mercedes-Benz India said the new Long Wheelbase E-Class features two BS-VI compliant petrol and diesel engines along with a host of new interior features.
The petrol model is powered by a 2.0-litre engine that produces 197bhp of power and comes in two variants priced at Rs 57.5 lakh and Rs 61.5 lakh ex-showroom (India), respectively.
The diesel model features a 2.0-litre engine delivering the produces 194bhp of power and comes in two variants priced at Rs 58.5 lakh and Rs 62.5 lakh ex-showroom (India), respectively.
In addition to the newly launched E-Class LWB, Mercedes Benz E-Class is currently available in four variants. Tow feature petrol engines and two feature diesel variants. There is the E-Class E 200 that features a 2.0-litre petrol engine that produces 181bhp of power and 300Nm of torque. This engine comes mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission.
The second petrol model is the E-Class E 63 AMG that features a 4.0-litre engine that produces 612bhp of power and 850Nm of torque. This engine comes mated to 9-speed automatic transmission.
The petrol variants are priced between Rs 59.12 lakh and Rs 1.50 crore ex-showroom (India).
The next two variants feature diesel engines. There is the Mercedes Benz E-Class E 220 d that feature a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 192bhp of power and 41Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission.
The last variant is the E-Class E 350 d. This sedan features a 3.0-litre engine that produces 255bhp of power and 620Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission. The diesel variants are priced between Rs 60.12 lakh and Rs 73.21 lakh ex-showroom (India).
Thoughts About The New Mercedes Benz E-Class Long Wheel Base Variant
This means more cabin space and therefore way more leg room for passengers. The Mercedes E-Class is already a spacious car and now with the LWB, Merc has taken it to the next level. We'd like very much to experience the space that is available in the new sedan.