- 14 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Movies Jag Janani Maa Vaishno Devi To Go Off Air In October; To Be Replaced By Hiten Tejwani’s Comedy Show?
- Education UPSC Civil Services 2020: Know About COVID-19 Exam Guidelines
- News Situation improves in Rajasthan's Dungarpur; Protesters clear Udaipur-Ahmedabad highway
- Sports IPL 2020: KL Rahul-Mayank Agarwal forge 183-run opening stand against Rajasthan Royals, create record
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on a premium version of the popular WagonR hatchback for the Indian market. The new premium WagonR, called the Maruti XL5 is expected to be launched in India sometime early next year, possibly at the Auto Expo 2020.
The Maruti XL5 has been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. Ahead of its expected launch, the XL5 premium hatchback has been spied yet again, covered in heavy camouflage.
The latest spy pics of the Maruti XL5 by Gaadiwaadi showcases fresh details of the upcoming hatchback for the Indian market.
The new spy pics showcase the car in heavy camouflage. However, the front part of the hatchback clearly showcases the dual-headlamp setup, with the DRLs on top and the main units placed a bit lower on the bumpers.
We also expect the new XL5 to feature a new front grille, different from the one on the standard WagonR. Although camouflaged, the spy pics also showcases a tweaked air dam on the bumpers, with the fog lamps positioned on either end.
The rear profile seems to be very similar to the standard WagonR. However, we do expect the XL5 to receive a refreshed taillight design, along with other minor changes to the rear profile.
There is currently no information regarding the interiors of the new Maruti XL5. However, we expect the new premium hatchback to carry forward the same cabin as the WagonR, with very little changes and updates.
In terms of engine options, the new Maruti XL5 will carry forward a BS-VI compliant 1.2-litre K12B petrol unit, which also powers the WagonR. Power output will remain the same at 82bhp and 114Nm of peak torque. It will come paired with the same five-speed manual transmission with the optional AGS automatic gearbox also on offer.
The Maruti XL5 will be sold exclusively through the brand's premium Nexa dealership. The car will be sold as the entry-level model for the Nexa premium division, which also sells the Ignis, Baleno, S-Cross and the XL6 models.
Thoughts On The Maruti XL5 Premium Hatchback
The Maruti Suzuki XL5 will be sold as a premium version of the WagonR through the brand's Nexa dealership. The new premium hatchback will be based on the same platform, will feature similar equipment and overall silhouette of the popular WagonR model.
The XL5 will be priced slightly higher than the WagonR, at around Rs 4.5 lakh, ex-showroom. We expect the Maruti Suzuki XL5 to make its debut at the 2020 Auto Expo.