- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sales Crosses 8 Lakh Units Milestone Mark: Detailed Report
- 17 hrs ago New Ducati Multistrada 950 S India Launch Date Announced: Pre-Bookings Open For Rs 1 Lakh
- 18 hrs ago Tata Motors Actively In Search Of New Partners In Passenger Vehicle Segment: Here Are The Details
- 20 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz India Sales Registers New Record This Festive Season: Here Are The Details
- Technology FAU-G Game APK For Android: How To Download FAU-G Game APK Files
- Sports Rohit Sharma omission: Sunil Gavaskar slams BCCI for lack of transparency
- News India records 36,469 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours, lowest in 103 days
- Movies Did Shaheer Sheikh Confirm His Relationship With Ruchikaa Kapoor?
- Finance Kotak Mahindra Bank Overtakes ICICI Bank In Market Value After Q2 Results
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In November
- Education NEET Counselling Registration 2020: Check MCC NEET UG 2020 Registration Link
- Lifestyle Are You Making These Hair Oiling Mistakes?
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and S-Cross models will soon be offered with BS-VI compliant petrol-hybrid engine options. The petrol variants for both models has been confirmed to go on sale by December 2019.
Shashank Srivatsava, Executive Director (Sales & Marketing), Maruti Suzuki confirmed the launch of the petrol-powered Vitara Brezza and S-Cross variants in an interview with ET Auto. Srivatsava stated that the Vitara Brezza petrol and S-Cross petrol will be launched by this year-end.
Both models will feature Maruti Suzuki's brand-new in-house developed 1.5-litre ‘K15-Series' petrol hybrid engine. This is the same engine which is already offered on the Ciaz, Ertiga and the XL6 models.
The engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque and is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. There is also the optional four-speed torque-converter automatic as well.
Currently, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the S-Cross models are offered with just diesel engine options. This includes the old tried and tested 1.3-litre unit, sourced from Fiat. This engine churns out 82bhp and 200Nm of peak torque.
It is further mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as well. Both the Vitara Brezza and the S-Cross also receive the optional automatic transmission as well. However, Maruti Suzuki has already confirmed that the 1.3-litre diesel engine will be discontinued once the BS-VI emission norms come into effect.
Maruti Suzuki has also introduced a 1.5-litre diesel engine as well. This engine currently does duty on the Ciaz and the Ertiga models. The new 1.5-litre diesel unit is, however, BS-IV and we do expect Maruti Suzuki to update it to the upcoming norms depending on the demand for diesel models, post-BS-VI implementation.
Maruti Suzuki is currently the only manufacturer in the Indian market which has seven BS-VI petrol models in its lineup. This includes the Alto, WagonR, Swift, Dzire, Baleno, Ertiga and the XL6. These BS-VI models in the company's lineup account to over 70% of the total sales of the company.
Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,
"As a responsible and environmentally conscious brand, Maruti Suzuki is aligned with the Government of India's vision to introduce BS6 compliant vehicles before April 2020. Seven of our top-selling models are BS6 compliant much before the deadline."
"We are committed to progressively upgrade our entire range of petrol cars to BS6 technology before stipulated timelines. The BS6 vehicles use Suzuki's proven technology that helps to substantially reduce the emissions thus contributing to a cleaner and greener environment."
Thoughts On The Maruti Vitara Brezza & S-Cross Petrol-Hybrid Variants
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol variant has been a much-awaited model in the Indian market. The Vitara Brezza itself is one of the best-selling models for the brand in the Indian market, with the petrol-powered model expected to further boost the sales of the SUV.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross, however, is a premium offering from the brand sold exclusively through the brand's NEXA dealerships.