- 19 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 52: Tamil Thalaivas Vs Jaipur Pink Panthers: Dream 11 Predictions, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki launched the Vitara Brezza in the Indian market back in 2016. The Vitara Brezza quickly rose to become the best-selling SUV in the country for a while. However, the car till now has been offered with only the diesel engine option only.
Now, according to Autocar India Maruti Suzuki have confirmed that they will introduce the petrol version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza in February 2020. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza petrol is expected to launch in India during the 2020 Auto Expo.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol is expected to come with the BS-VI compliant 1.5-litre K15 series engine. This engine recently debuted on the Ertiga MPV in the Indian market and produces the same power output of 104bhp and 138Nm of torque.
The Vitara Brezza petrol with the 1.5-litre BS-VI engine will be mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Maruti Suzuki will also introduce the Vitara Brezza petrol with their Smart Hybrid technology feature, which will further help improve the overall efficiency of the engine. However, with the 1.5-litre engine, the Maruti Vitara Brezza will no longer receive an exemption of excise duties — something offered to only sub-4 metre cars with engine capacities lower than 1200cc.
Another important aspect which is yet to be confirmed is whether Maruti Suzuki will bring in any sort of cosmetic updates on the petrol version of the Vitara Brezza.
Currently, there is no information regarding any updates or facelifts offered with the petrol variant. However, considering the car will be four years old at the upcoming expo, the company could bring in a few updates.
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has been the top-selling SUV in the country consistently for years together. However, over the last couple of months the sales of the Vitara Brezza have drastically reduced mainly due to the introduction of a number of competitors in the segment including the Mahindra XUV300 and the Hyundai Venue.
Thoughts On The Maruti Vitara Brezza Petrol
The Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol has been in the pipeline for quite a long time. The launch of the petrol-powered Vitara Brezza has been doing the rounds for over a year now. We finally might receive the new variant at the upcoming Auto Expo. Maruti Suzuki will also be hoping that the petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza will help them get back on track and regain the lost position in the Indian market.