- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Bhagat Singh Quotes: Top 11 Inspiring Quotes By Bhagat Singh
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR XL5 has been spotted testing in India. The XL5 is a premium derivative of the standard WagonR on sale in India and is expected to be sold via Maruti Suzuki's Nexa outlets. The Maruti Suzuki WagonR XL5 has been spotted testing alongside the standard WagonR.
The WagonR is one of the well-known brands from the Maruti Suzuki Stable. It introduced the Indian market to the tallboy hatchback segment back when it was first launched in 1999. The Maruti Suzuki WagonR was affordable, practical, spacious, easy to maintain and all this made it a brilliant family car. It is a car that is preferred by small families even to this day.
Earlier this year, Maruti Suzuki launched the third-gen WagonR in the Indian market and it instantly became a hit with the masses. While the new WagonR racks up the bookings for Maruti Suzuki, the company has been working on a more premium version.
The idea of a premium WagonR is similar to the XL6 premium MPV that was launched recently. The Maruti Suzuki XL6 is a premium and more feature-rich version of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. It is based on the Ertiga and shares a majority of its design elements with the Ertiga.
However, it certainly looks bigger and more appealing, and the interior is much better than in the Ertiga. The Maruti Suzuki XL5 too will take after a similar idea. The Maruti Suzuki XL5 premium hatchback will be based on the top-spec WagonR, but will come with design and feature additions.
Spy pictures of the vehicle by Gaadiwaadi show the XL5 hatchback testing alongside the standard WagonR and this allows us to draw comparisons. In terms of size, the XL5 is just as wide as the standard WagonR, but it is taller.
The slight difference in height can be attributed to bigger alloy wheels on the XL5. In terms of design, they still look the same. Closer inspection reveals that the rear bumper is more muscular and pronounced.
The tailgate has a minimalistic design and the thick chrome lip above the number plate has been replaced by a thinner strip. It could very well be finished in matte black instead of chrome. The most obvious difference though are in the vertically-stacked tail lamps. The bulb-lit reflector-style units are replaced by LED tail lamps.
This comes just a few days after the Maruti Suzuki XL5 was first spotted testing. The car was spotted riding on alloy wheels that look very similar to the ones seen on the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. Up front, the premium hatchback is expected to have projector headlamps, and a new bumper and grille design.
The interior too will be updated and will feature top-notch materials, better seats and an updated infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki XL5 Premium Hatchback Spy Pictures Revealing LED Tail Lamps
Maruti Suzuki has adopted a brilliant strategy to fill up its product portfolio. Those customers conscious of their budget can look into the standard cars being sold at Maruti Suzuki Arena outlets.
Those who want a premium car and ownership experience though can look at Maruti Suzuki's Nexa outlets. This is where the XL5 premium hatchback will be sold as well.