- 9 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 11 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Indian automotive manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki confirms that it will not launch the Jimny SUV in India. The second-generation Gypsy renamed as Jimny is a 3-door model, which the company feels is not suitable for Indian market.
According to Autocar Professional India, Maruti Suzuki confirmed that the 3-door market is very niche, and do not have many buyers. The 5-door version of the Jimny could be developed, however, the investment needed to set up the manufacturing will be more as compared to the demand for such vehicles in the market.
The Suzuki Jimny is currently sold globally in different countries and has gained much popularity among enthusiasts, because of its compact and go-anywhere design. The Jimny off-road SUV is available with two engine options: a 660cc triple-cylinder turbo petrol engine sold only in the Japanese market, and a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder K-Series naturally aspirated petrol engine for the global markets.
The off-roader is offered with either a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. Other off-road mechanicals like a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission are featured, to help with tackling those rough terrain.
The rugged off-road SUV can seat four passengers, and features pleasant cabin feel. The off-road SUV features a 7-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto. auto LED headlamps, steering mounted controls; among others.
The Jimny features standard safety equipment starting with an electronic stability program (ESP), traction control (TC), hill hold, hill descent control. It also features a set of six-airbags offering a superior protection to its passengers.
Suzuki Jimny has been awarded the 2019 World Urban Car Of The Year at the New York International Autoshow. The Jimny came on top beating other vehicles which were shortlisted for the category including the Hyundai Santro, and the Kia Soul.
Maruti's current focus is to increase their CNG line-up to offer an alternative to their petrol powered models. The company currently has 7 models under the CNG line-up, and features a factory-fitted CNG kit.
Maruti confirms that they are working on a petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza to make it BS-VI compliant and is scheduled for the launch on December, 2019 — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Jimny Launch Cancelled For India
The older-generation of the Jimny, called the Gypsy is an iconic vehicle in India. Gypsy was very versatile and were used in wide applications. As people await the launch of Jimny off-road SUV in India eagerly, the company feels it is not ready for it yet and broke the hearts of many enthusiasts. The only option now for off-road enthusiasts will be to choose between the 2020 versions of the Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.