- 12 hrs ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 12 hrs ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 12 hrs ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 13 hrs ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- Movies Happy Birthday Prabhas; The Actor Whose Pan-Indian Superstardom Will Have Greater Longevity!
- News Direct link to check UP D.EI.ED 2nd semester result 2019
- Technology Motorola One Hyper To Launch With 64MP Camera And A Pop-Up Selfie Camera
- Sports BCB boss smells conspiracy behind players' strike but says India tour on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Indian automotive manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki confirms that it will not launch the Jimny SUV in India. The second-generation Gypsy renamed as Jimny is a 3-door model, which the company feels is not suitable for Indian market.
According to Autocar Professional India, Maruti Suzuki confirmed that the 3-door market is very niche, and do not have many buyers. The 5-door version of the Jimny could be developed, however, the investment needed to set up the manufacturing will be more as compared to the demand for such vehicles in the market.
The Suzuki Jimny is currently sold globally in different countries and has gained much popularity among enthusiasts, because of its compact and go-anywhere design. The Jimny off-road SUV is available with two engine options: a 660cc triple-cylinder turbo petrol engine sold only in the Japanese market, and a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder K-Series naturally aspirated petrol engine for the global markets.
The off-roader is offered with either a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. Other off-road mechanicals like a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission are featured, to help with tackling those rough terrain.
The rugged off-road SUV can seat four passengers, and features pleasant cabin feel. The off-road SUV features a 7-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto. auto LED headlamps, steering mounted controls; among others.
The Jimny features standard safety equipment starting with an electronic stability program (ESP), traction control (TC), hill hold, hill descent control. It also features a set of six-airbags offering a superior protection to its passengers.
Suzuki Jimny has been awarded the 2019 World Urban Car Of The Year at the New York International Autoshow. The Jimny came on top beating other vehicles which were shortlisted for the category including the Hyundai Santro, and the Kia Soul.
Maruti's current focus is to increase their CNG line-up to offer an alternative to their petrol powered models. The company currently has 7 models under the CNG line-up, and features a factory-fitted CNG kit.
Maruti confirms that they are working on a petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza to make it BS-VI compliant and is scheduled for the launch on December, 2019 — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Jimny Launch Cancelled For India
The older-generation of the Jimny, called the Gypsy is an iconic vehicle in India. Gypsy was very versatile and were used in wide applications. As people await the launch of Jimny off-road SUV in India eagerly, the company feels it is not ready for it yet and broke the hearts of many enthusiasts. The only option now for off-road enthusiasts will be to choose between the 2020 versions of the Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.