- 20 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Bhagat Singh Quotes: Top 11 Inspiring Quotes By Bhagat Singh
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Indian automotive manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki confirms that it will not launch the Jimny SUV in India. The second-generation Gypsy renamed as Jimny is a 3-door model, which the company feels is not suitable for Indian market.
According to Autocar Professional India, Maruti Suzuki confirmed that the 3-door market is very niche, and do not have many buyers. The 5-door version of the Jimny could be developed, however, the investment needed to set up the manufacturing will be more as compared to the demand for such vehicles in the market.
The Suzuki Jimny is currently sold globally in different countries and has gained much popularity among enthusiasts, because of its compact and go-anywhere design. The Jimny off-road SUV is available with two engine options: a 660cc triple-cylinder turbo petrol engine sold only in the Japanese market, and a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder K-Series naturally aspirated petrol engine for the global markets.
The off-roader is offered with either a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. Other off-road mechanicals like a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission are featured, to help with tackling those rough terrain.
The rugged off-road SUV can seat four passengers, and features pleasant cabin feel. The off-road SUV features a 7-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto. auto LED headlamps, steering mounted controls; among others.
The Jimny features standard safety equipment starting with an electronic stability program (ESP), traction control (TC), hill hold, hill descent control. It also features a set of six-airbags offering a superior protection to its passengers.
Suzuki Jimny has been awarded the 2019 World Urban Car Of The Year at the New York International Autoshow. The Jimny came on top beating other vehicles which were shortlisted for the category including the Hyundai Santro, and the Kia Soul.
Maruti's current focus is to increase their CNG line-up to offer an alternative to their petrol powered models. The company currently has 7 models under the CNG line-up, and features a factory-fitted CNG kit.
Maruti confirms that they are working on a petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza to make it BS-VI compliant and is scheduled for the launch on December, 2019 — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Jimny Launch Cancelled For India
The older-generation of the Jimny, called the Gypsy is an iconic vehicle in India. Gypsy was very versatile and were used in wide applications. As people await the launch of Jimny off-road SUV in India eagerly, the company feels it is not ready for it yet and broke the hearts of many enthusiasts. The only option now for off-road enthusiasts will be to choose between the 2020 versions of the Mahindra Thar and Force Gurkha.