- 5 hrs ago Brand New Jawa Motorcycle Shows Rust On Wheel Rim And Exhaust: Customer Takes To Social Media
- 5 hrs ago Kia Seltos Variants Explained: Which Is The Best Model To Buy?
- 10 hrs ago Kia Seltos Gets A Custom Twitter Icon On Launch Day: Seltos Launched At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Kia Seltos Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.69 Lakh
- Sports No point shortlisting Jonty Rhodes if he isn't first choice, MSK Prasad makes it clear
- Movies Satte Pe Satta Remake: Anushka Sharma Replaces Deepika Padukone In This Hrithik Roshan Starrer?
- News Modi in France: PM calls on President Macron, welcomed warmly by Indian community
- Technology NASA Spitzer Telescope Locates First Planet Without Atmosphere Orbiting Red Dwarf
- Finance 5 Factors That Caused Mayhem In Indian Markets Today
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Two: Mrunal Thakur Gives Sangeet Ceremony Goals With Her Understated Attire
- Education GPAT 2020 Will Be Held On January 24, Check Important Dates
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki launched the second-generation Ertiga in the Indian market earlier this year. The new Ertiga MPV is offered with a fresh design and a bunch of feature updates, making it more premium and upmarket than the previous generation model.
This new update has been received well in the Indian market, with improved sales and growing demand for the MPV. The update also allowed the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to overtake the popular Toyota Innova Crysta in the MPV segment, making it the new segment leader.
Now in the month of July 2019, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga sales has grown by 94 percent. The company has recorded 9222 units of sales in the month of July 2019, compared to just 4764 units during the same month last year.
Maruti Suzuki recently further updated the Ertiga MPV in the Indian market, introducing it with a BS-VI engine. The Ertiga is now the sixth Maruti Suzuki model in the Indian lineup to be BS-VI compliant.
It is powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is offered with a host of features, including LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED taillights, new front grille, updated bumpers. The interiors of the Ertiga are also more spacious and upmarket than its predecessor.
The MPV is now part of Maruti Suzuki's HEARTECT platform, making it lighter, stronger and larger than the old-generation model. It also comes with a host of features on the interiors as well, including the latest Smart Studio infotainment system; first debuted on the new Wagon R.
Currently, Maruti Suzuki is working on introducing an all-new MPV, based on the Ertiga model. This will be the XL6 — a premium six-seater MPV, sold exclusively through the brand's Nexa dealerships.
Maruti Suzuki has already released a number of teasers for the upcoming MPV, with bookings also having begun ahead of its launch on the 21st of August — here are the booking details.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Sales
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is one of the most popular MPV in the Indian market. The new BS-VI variant is available with a starting price of Rs 7.54 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) and is also the first MPV in the country to be BS-VI compliant. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga rivals the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra Marazzo in the Indian market.