- 11 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In May 2020: Auto Industry Witnesses Major Reshuffling Post Lockdown
- 11 hrs ago Honda City & Amaze Discounts, Exchange Bonuses & Other Benefits In June 2020
- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 650 BS6 Models Arrives At Dealerships: Deliveries To Begin Soon
- 13 hrs ago MG Hector Plus Spied Testing In India Ahead Of India Launch Soon: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance PF Withdrawal Claim Being Delayed: This Is What EPFO Asks Of You
- News 'Grieved and shocked': Ratan Tata shares moving post on pregnant elephant killed in Kerala
- Movies Paatal Lok Producer Anushka Sharma Says She Has Always Chased Unique Stories
- Sports Muhammad Ali: The night 'The Greatest' shuffled towards perfection
- Technology Reliance Jio Might Get Rs. 7, 536 Crore Investment Soon: Report
- Lifestyle What Are The Potential Warning Signs of Stomach Cancer?
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross has been spotted testing in India for the first time. The spyshots give us a glimpse of the car that we have so far only heard rumours of. Word of a new, more premium version of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga have been doing the rounds since a long time.
The spy pictures from MotorBeam show us what the new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross might look like. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has had a great run so far and still continues to sell well. It was only recently that Maruti Suzuki launched the Ertiga facelift in India and the Indian market has received the MPV very well.
Maruti Suzuki doesn't seem to be resting on its laurels and has brought this as a more premium alternative to the standard Ertiga. It will be powered by the BS-Vi versions of the same 1.5-litre diesel and 1.5-litre petrol engines as in the Ertiga.
In the Ertiga, the 1,498cc turbo-diesel engine puts out 93.87bhp and 225Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The 1,462cc naturally aspirated petrol engine with a maximum power output of 103bhp and a peak torque output of 138Nm.
Transmission duties are handled by a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 4-step CVT gearbox. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross receives several changes in design too. It comes with a new front-end with bigger headlamps, and a new chrome strip between the two headlamps.
The body panels are exactly the same as on the Ertiga but the Cross rides higher thanks to new suspension. The Ertiga Cross will come with captain seats for all passengers and hence is a six-seater. It will be retailed through the Nexa retail chain while the current Ertiga will continue to be retailed by the Maruti Suzuki Arena dealerships.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross Spotted Testing In India
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross might be Maruti Suzuki's final attempt to catch up with the Toyota Innova in the MPV segment. While the Innova still remains the king of the hill, the Ertiga offers great value-for-money. Hence, the Ertiga looks like a better option when price is considered.
Now, the more premium Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross will offer more equipment with a greater ground clearance just like the Toyota Innova, but it will be priced at least Rs 10 lakh lesser than the Innova.