- 11 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift BS6 Model To Be Unveiled At Auto Expo
- 13 hrs ago New TVS Electric Scooter Launch Highlights: Brand's First Electric Scooter To Rival The Ather 450
- 15 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai Tucson Facelift BS6 Model Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
- News Google marks India's 71st Republic Day with doodle by Singapore-based illustrator
- Technology Best Budget PopUp Camera Smartphones In India
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur Says Shooting For Malang Reminded Him Of His Younger Days In Goa
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Lifestyle Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
India's largest four-wheeler manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki, has reached a new milestone. The company has delivered a total of 20 million passenger vehicles in the Indian market. Although the 20 million deliveries are in terms of cumulative sales, it makes Maruti Suzuki the only company in the country to have achieved this.
Maruti Suzuki has achieved this feat in less than 37 years of selling its first car during the December of 1983. While the company took 27 years to hit the first 10 million, they took a record breaking eight years to achieve the next ten.
Maruti Suzuki has truly evolved as a manufacturer and offers a wide range of passenger vehicles today. The company started with the Maruti 800, an iconic and much sought after car, even today.
The 800 gave Maruti a strong foothold in the industry, and was commonly referred to as ‘for the people' company, manufacturing ‘for the people' cars.
Thanking customers for choosing Maruti Suzuki vehicles over the last 37 years, Mr Kenichi Ayukawa, the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer at Maruti Suzuki India Limited said that the company was overwhelmed with this new record.
Mr Ayukawa said, "Achieving this milestone is a great accomplishment for Maruti Suzuki, as well as our suppliers and dealer partners. We are thankful for the immense trust placed in us by the customers, long-lasting partnerships with our stakeholders as well as the support extended by the Government. Maruti Suzuki was incorporated with a mission to put India on wheels. A mission where every Indian family could fulfill its dream of owning a car, which we continue to work towards."
He added, "We are committed to bring value to the lives of our customers and delight them through our global technologies, and emphasis on safety and superior quality. This is complemented by an extensive sales and after-sales service network."
"While Maruti Suzuki continues to contribute to the Indian economy and create employment opportunities across the value chain, the Company is committed to giving back to society. Maruti Suzuki continuously invests in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities in the areas of community development (health, education, water & sanitation, infrastructure), road safety and skill development," he said in closing.
Maruti Suzuki now plans to support the government's decision for cleaner and greener mobility solutions. Along with its parent company, Suzuki Motor Corporation, the company plans to launch a small electric vehicle for the Indian masses.
MSIL is currently close to 50 electric vehicle prototypes across the country with the aim of collecting real-time performance data over multiple terrains and climatic conditions. The company aims to offer the best possible electric vehicle in the markets.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Delivering 20 Million Cars In 37 Years
Fantastic job by the entire MSIL team. They have put in the work over the last 37 years and therefor have been able to reach this milestone. We wish them all the best for the next 37, and hope they keep shattering records!
Also, where are these 50 electric vehicles? We want some spy shots!