- 2 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 3 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Left, Right, Left Right
- Technology Redmi K20 series price leaks ahead of launch
- Sports Arsenal want to win Europa League for Mkhitaryan, says Mustafi
- Lifestyle Time-restricted Eating For Weight Loss: Is It Effective?
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has been declared the best selling C-Segment sedan in India for the financial year March 2018 - March 2019. The company sold 46,000 units of the Ciaz, beating the Honda City, and the Hyundai Verna. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has held the top-seller position for three financial years in a row.
Mr. R.S. Kalsi, Senior Executive Director - Marketing and Sales, Maruti Suzuki, expressed gratitude to customers. He said, "Ciaz has witnessed a resounding success in the highly competitive premium sedan segment. With a staggering 30% market-share in 2018-19, Ciaz has been a preferred choice of the aspirational and evolving consumer who have a drive to excel. It is a testimony of them liking new technologies and features offered by us and we are thankful to our customers for their confidence and choice the reinforces our commitment to being newer, advanced, and greener technologies in India."
Maruti recently introduced a 1.5-Litre 4-cylinder turbo-charged diesel variant of the Ciaz. This engine was built completely in-house, and is meant to replace the existing 1.3-Litre Fiat Multi-Jet diesel engine once the BS-VI emission rules are enforced. The new 1.4-Litre engine produces 95BHP of power and 225Nm of torque. The engine is mated a 6-speed manual gearbox.
The new 1.5-Litre engine on the Ciaz is a little less fuel efficient when compared to the older diesel variants. The reason being that the new engine is not paired with the Suzuki Hybrid Vehicle System. The new engine gives 26.82 kilometers to a litre vs. 28.09 kilometers to a litre from the Fiat Multi-Jet.
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz features twin airbags, ABS, over-speeding alarms, seat-belt warning systems, reverse parking sensors, an Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible touchscreen infotainment system, and ISOFIX child seat mounts as a standard. A reverse parking camera is featured on top-end models.
With variants priced between Rs 8.19 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and Rs 11.02 lakh (ex-showroom, India), the Ciaz is the most competitively priced sedan in it's class. It offers bang for the buck. Competitors like the Honda City and the Hyundai Verna are priced higher.
Thoughts On The Ciaz Being The Best Selling Sedan For The Financial Year
Congratulations to Maruti Suzuki! They have paid attention to the Indian consumer and continue to do so. With the Electric Revolution at its infancy, we might just see an electric variant of the Ciaz. In the mean time, we're heading out for a drive.