- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Movies Asuran Box Office Collections 17 Days: Dhanush Starrer Continues Its Record-breaking Run!
- News Maharashtra elections: Average assets of re-contesting MLAs increased by 73 per cent
- Technology Diwali Offer: Buy vivo Smartphones For Rs. 101 Down Payment At Offline Stores
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Maruti Suzuki has introduced a new feature on the MY2019 Ciaz sedan in the Indian market. The new Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is offered with an 'auto trunk opener', which will be available as an optional accessory on the sedan.
Maruti Suzuki has advertised the new auto trunk opener as a feature on the new MY19 Ciaz. However, existing customers of the Ciaz can also fit the new feature as an additional accessory for an amount of Rs 3,390.
The new accessory is not limited to just the new-generation Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, but also available for the older model as well. Talking about the new feature, the auto trunk opener comes with a foot gesture control. This can open the boot by swiping one's foot under the bumper of the sedan.
This feature is usually available as standard on high-end car models in the Indian market. However, Maruti Suzuki has added this onto their Ciaz as well, adding a new level of premiumness to its sedan.
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is one of the best-selling sedans in the Indian market, bringing in good volume sales for the company. However, due to the slowdown in the auto industry and the low growth of the Maruti Suzuki over the past few months, sales of the Ciaz has also suffered.
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz was the first model in the brand's product lineup to receive the company's in-house developed 1.5-litre K15-series petrol engine. This engine churns out higher performance than the previous engine producing 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional 4-speed automatic transmission as well.
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is also available with a 1.5-litre diesel engine. However, both engines are still BS-IV compliant and the Ciaz is yet to receive the BS-VI update; already available on the Ertiga and the XL6. Maruti also offers their smart hybrid (SHVS) technology along with the diesel unit on the Ciaz. The diesel engine also comes mated to a new six-speed manual gearbox as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ‘Auto Trunk Opener' Accessory
Maruti Suzuki has introduced the new feature on their flagship sedan, making it a more premium and attractive offering than its rivals in the segment. The new feature/optional accessory will allow easier access to the boot. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz rivals the likes of the Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid and the Volkswagen Vento in the Indian market.