- 41 min ago Mercedes-Benz Luxe Drive Bangalore Edition: Here Are The Highlights
- 2 hrs ago Indian Government Prefers Hyundai Kona EV Over Mahindra & Tata
- 5 hrs ago Idemitsu Honda India Talent Hunt 2019 Reaches Bangalore: Hunt For India's Next-Gen Racing Talent
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Tata Tigor Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- News Kartarpur corridor: Harsimrat slams Pakistan for USD 20 fee, asks Punjab govt to bear it
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Somvaar Ka Vaar LIVE Updates: Mouni Roy, Rajkummar Rao & Boman Irani Grace The Stage
- Technology Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Massive Leak Reveals Specs And Price Ahead Of Launch
- Sports Alonso hits inch-perfect free-kick in training ground stunt
- Lifestyle 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Farro, The Nutrient-packed Ancient Grain
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
- Finance Sovereign Gold Bond Series VI Opens; Good Alternative To Physical Gold On Dhanteras
- Travel Hidlumane Waterfalls - How To Reach And Things To Do
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is all set to launch in the Indian market on the 30th of September. Ahead of its launch in India, sources have confirmed that official bookings for the S-Presso hatchback will begin from the 25th of September.
However, sources also confirmed that certain dealers have already started accepting names and details of interested customers. These interested customers will be given priority once bookings for the S-Presso officially begins.
The Maruti S-Presso hatchback is the latest entry-level offering from the brand in the Indian market. The S-Presso is based on the ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and will be positioned above the Alto K10 in the brand's product lineup.
The Maruti S-Presso will come with a tall SUV-ish stance, similar to its main rival, the Renault Kwid. The hatchback has been spotted testing in the Indian market on multiple occasions.
The Maruti S-Presso is said to be based on the brand's Heartect platform, which also underpins other models such as the Ignis, WagonR, Swift and a few others. This will make the car extremely lightweight yet rigid. The car is expected to weigh 726kg, making it lighter than the entry-level Alto 800.
The car will measure 3565mm in length, 1520mm in width and 1564mm in height. It is also expected to come with a wheelbase 42mm shorter than its rival, the Kwid. The car is also 42mm longer, 59mm wider and 86mm shorter than the entry-level Renault hatchback.
The Maruti S-Presso is said to be offered in a range of four variants: standard, LXi, VXi and VXi+. All four variants of the hatchback will be powered by the same engine. This includes the same 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol unit, which powers the Alto K10.
The engine will produce 68bhp and 90Nm of torque and will come mated to a five-speed manual as standard. Maruti Suzuki is also expected to offer an AMT as optional as well.
The current 1.0-litre engine on the Alto K10 is BS-IV compliant. However, the engine will be upgraded to BS-VI emission norms, for the Maruti S-Presso hatchback.
Also, once launched in India expect the Maruti S-Presso to be priced in the range of around Rs 3 lakh to Rs 3.5 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso Bookings
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce its brand-new hatchback in the Indian market. Maruti dealers have already said to have started collecting details of interested customers, ahead of official bookings. Maruti hopes that the new S-Presso will help bring in volume sales to the brand, which is currently suffering its worst sales decline yet.