- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 12 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- Sports Shubman Gill of Kolkata Knight Riders reveals secret of his batting success; Karthik, Morgan astonished
- News Congress no-confidence motion against Yediyurappa govt defeated
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Lifestyle Everything You Need To Know About The Buddhist Diet
- Technology Google Pixel 5 Launch Date Delayed: Will Now Make A Debut In October
- Finance 3 Ways To Play The Gold Theme As It Will Bounce Back
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Maruti Suzuki launched the S-Presso in the Indian market recently. The new Maruti S-Presso is offered with a starting price of Rs 3.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The S-Presso rivals the likes of the Renault Kwid, which was also launched recently in the Indian market.
Recent sales reports suggest that Maruti Suzuki has dispatched 5,006 units of the S-Presso in the previous month. The Maruti S-Presso sales registered just over 5000 units in the Indian market, beating the sales of the Renault Kwid.
The newly launched Renault Kwid, however, registered just 2,995 units during the same period. The Renault Kwid comes with a host of updates, both in terms of cosmetic changes and added features and equipment.
The Maruti S-Presso, on the other hand, is a brand-new model from the company. The Maruti S-Presso is positioned above the Alto K10 in the Indian market. It features an upright design and a high ground clearance; giving it an SUV-ish stance.
|Rank||Models||September 2019||Septmeber 2018||Difference (%)|
The Maruti S-Presso sales at 5,006 units have placed it as the third best-selling entry-level hatchback in the Indian market. The S-Presso sits below the Alto and WagonR in the list of top-selling small cars in the Indian market.
The Renault Kwid is positioned lower down in the list at seventh position. With 2,995 units of sales registered, the Renault Kwid has recorded a 45% decline in the Indian market compared to September 2018.
However, considering the entire hatchback segment (entry-level, mid and premium), the Maruti S-Presso is positioned in the seventh position. Although, we do expect the sales of the S-Presso to grow in the coming months, especially with the ongoing festive season — here is the list of top-selling hatchbacks in India for September 2019.
The Maruti S-Presso is powered by a single 1.0-litre petrol engine. The 998cc three-cylinder unit has been borrowed from the Alto K10. However, Maruti Suzuki has updated the engine on the S-Presso to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
In terms of power output, the 1.0-litre engine churns out the same 67bhp and 90Nm of torque, mated to a five-speed manual. Maruti also offers the S-Presso with an AGS automatic gearbox as optional.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso Sales Overtaking Its Rival
The Maruti S-Presso is based on the ‘Future-S' concept showcased by the brand at the 2018 Auto Expo. The S-Presso is the first mini-SUV offerings from the brand in the Indian market. The S-Presso offers a quirky design, which remains a subject of further discussion.