- 11 hrs ago BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- 12 hrs ago Central Government Plans Policy For Vehicle Recall: To Be Made Mandatory
- 12 hrs ago Electric Two-Wheeler Sales Crash Because Of FAME II Policy Changes
- 12 hrs ago Tata Car Sales India: A Model-Wise Break-Up Of Sales For September 2019
- News RRB JE CBT 2 result 2019 to be declared on rrbcdg.gov.in and zonal websites
- Technology LG Diwali Offers On LG G8s ThinQ, LG W30 Pro, LG Q60, LG W10, LG W30 And More
- Movies Made In China Movie Review: Rajkummar Rao & Boman Irani's Solid Act Makes It A 'Satisfying' Watch!
- Sports BCB boss smells conspiracy behind players' strike but says India tour on
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Lifestyle Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Maruti Suzuki has launched the much-awaited S-Presso micro-SUV in the Indian market. The new Maruti S-Presso is offered with a starting price of Rs 3.69 lakh for the base-spec. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Maruti S-Presso is available in a range of nine variants: Std (O), LXi, LXi (O), VXi, VXi (O), VXi+, VXi AGS, VXi (O) AGS and VXi+ AGS. All variants of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso are offered with a single engine option.
This includes a 998cc three-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 68bhp and 90Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. The higher-spec variants of the S-Presso also come with Maruti's optional AGS automatic transmission as well.
The engine is the same unit as on the Alto K10, however, Maruti Suzuki has updated it to comply with the BS-VI emission norms on the S-Presso.
|VXI AGS||Rs 4,67,500|
|VXI+ AGS||Rs 4,91,000|
In terms of design, the Maruti S-Presso is inspired by the ‘Future-S' concept showcased by the 2018 Auto Expo. The S-Presso comes with a tall SUV-ish stance, squared-off edges and a high ground clearance.
The new micro-SUV from Maruti Suzuki is offered with a sleek front grille, with chrome inserts on the higher-spec variants. The grille is flanked on either side by rectangular headlamp units, the DRLs are positioned below on the bumper, which also houses a large central air intake.
The side profile is simple and clean with just the 13-inch standard steel wheels housed under the slightly flared wheel arches. The higher-spec receive larger 14-inch wheels as optional. The rear profile receives C-shaped tail lights, along with reflectors housed on the rear bumpers.
Inside, the Maruti S-Presso comes with a host of features. This includes a centrally-positioned digital instrument cluster with a tachometer and speedometer, below the instrument display is a large touchscreen infotainment unit, with Maruti Suzuki's latest SmartPlay Studio system. The infotainment system and the instrument cluster is positioned under a circular housing with contrasting highlights on the border.
Apart from the central dashboard layout, the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso features a blacked-out cabin with a number of cubby holders and storage spaces. The steering wheel comes with mounted controls for the radio and AC vents positioned on either side of the circular housing as well.
Maruti Suzuki has started bookings for the S-Presso in the Indian market. Deliveries for the S-Presso will begin immediately as well. The S-Presso can be booked for an amount of Rs 11,000 either online or through any of the Maruti Suzuki Arena dealerships across India.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will rival the likes of the Datsun redi-GO and the upcoming Renault Kwid facelift; scheduled to launch in India on the 1st October.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Launch In India
Maruti Suzuki is facing its worst ever sales decline in the Indian market, dropping by over 30% last month. With the launch of the S-Presso, the company hopes to end their consistent declining sales and record a positive growth in India. The car has also been launched during the festive season, which should further boost sales of the S-Presso in India.