- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 23 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- News No decision to discontinue printing of Rs 2,000 note: Govt
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on an all-new car called the S-Presso. The S-Presso will be part of the entry-level models in the brand's line-up. The S-Presso has been spotted testing in full swing ahead of its launch in India.
*The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Concept Car
The S-Presso is expected to go on sale from 30 September 2019, as reported by Autocar India. The all-new S-Presso will be sold via Maruti's Arena dealerships.
The S-Presso has been spied multiple times, and that has revealed some of the exterior design details. The all-new S-Presso will be a tall-riding hatchback based on the Future S-Concept which was showcased at the AutoExpo 2018.
The new hatchback will have a taller boxy stance, and will stand apart from their current line-up of hatchbacks. Other exterior features include a chunky front and rear bumper that adds to the rugged design cues. Although not much was revealed about the car's interiors, it is said to have a center-mounted speedometer.
The S-Presso will be the first model to feature Maruti Suzuki's BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. The all-new hatchback could also feature a 1.2-litre petrol engine, and a CNG variant at some point in the future.
On the safety front, we expect the S-Presso to come equipped with dual airbags, ABS+EBD, rear parking sensors, speed alerts, seatbelts, and more.
The S-Presso will be sold alongside the Alto, which is one of the most popular hatchbacks in India. We expect the S-Presso to have a slight higher pricing bracket than the Alto. The S-Presso will compete against other tall-riding hatchbacks in India. This includes the upcoming Renault Kwid facelift and the Datsun redi-GO.
Maruti has planned to update their other models with BS-Vl compliant petrol engines before the deadline for new emission norms comes into effect. The company has already updated their 800cc, 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre petrol engines to comply with the upcoming BS-VI norms. The BS-VI compliant engine on the S-Presso will be carried over on the Alto K10 at a later stage.
Thoughts About The All-New S-Presso
The S-Presso looks like a younger version of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. With the tall-riding stance you will get a commanding view from the driver seat. The company is looking to boost its sales with the launch of S-Presso this festive season.