- 9 hrs ago India-Bound Hyundai Elantra Facelift To Be Offered With Petrol Powertrain Only
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Kodiaq Corporate Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 33 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago MG eZS Teased Ahead Of India-Launch Next Year: To Rival The Hyundai Kona EV
- 12 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar & XUV300 BS-VI Spied Testing In India: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Ranveer Singh Is Deepika Padukone’s ‘Trashcan’ According To The Hilarious Meme She Posted!
- News Six BSP MLAs join Congress in Rajasthan
- Sports PKL 2019: Dabang Delhi consolidate their position on top of the table following their win over Telugu Titans
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A70s To Be Priced At Rs. 32,990, Hints Report
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Look Is Pretty Simple To Ace
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance 5 Export Business Ideas In India
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on an all-new car called the S-Presso. The S-Presso will be part of the entry-level models in the brand's line-up. The S-Presso has been spotted testing in full swing ahead of its launch in India.
*The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Concept Car
The S-Presso is expected to go on sale from 30 September 2019, as reported by Autocar India. The all-new S-Presso will be sold via Maruti's Arena dealerships.
The S-Presso has been spied multiple times, and that has revealed some of the exterior design details. The all-new S-Presso will be a tall-riding hatchback based on the Future S-Concept which was showcased at the AutoExpo 2018.
The new hatchback will have a taller boxy stance, and will stand apart from their current line-up of hatchbacks. Other exterior features include a chunky front and rear bumper that adds to the rugged design cues. Although not much was revealed about the car's interiors, it is said to have a center-mounted speedometer.
The S-Presso will be the first model to feature Maruti Suzuki's BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. The all-new hatchback could also feature a 1.2-litre petrol engine, and a CNG variant at some point in the future.
On the safety front, we expect the S-Presso to come equipped with dual airbags, ABS+EBD, rear parking sensors, speed alerts, seatbelts, and more.
The S-Presso will be sold alongside the Alto, which is one of the most popular hatchbacks in India. We expect the S-Presso to have a slight higher pricing bracket than the Alto. The S-Presso will compete against other tall-riding hatchbacks in India. This includes the upcoming Renault Kwid facelift and the Datsun redi-GO.
Maruti has planned to update their other models with BS-Vl compliant petrol engines before the deadline for new emission norms comes into effect. The company has already updated their 800cc, 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre petrol engines to comply with the upcoming BS-VI norms. The BS-VI compliant engine on the S-Presso will be carried over on the Alto K10 at a later stage.
Thoughts About The All-New S-Presso
The S-Presso looks like a younger version of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. With the tall-riding stance you will get a commanding view from the driver seat. The company is looking to boost its sales with the launch of S-Presso this festive season.