- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on an all-new car called the S-Presso. The S-Presso will be part of the entry-level models in the brand's line-up. The S-Presso has been spotted testing in full swing ahead of its launch in India.
*The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Concept Car
The S-Presso is expected to go on sale from 30 September 2019, as reported by Autocar India. The all-new S-Presso will be sold via Maruti's Arena dealerships.
The S-Presso has been spied multiple times, and that has revealed some of the exterior design details. The all-new S-Presso will be a tall-riding hatchback based on the Future S-Concept which was showcased at the AutoExpo 2018.
The new hatchback will have a taller boxy stance, and will stand apart from their current line-up of hatchbacks. Other exterior features include a chunky front and rear bumper that adds to the rugged design cues. Although not much was revealed about the car's interiors, it is said to have a center-mounted speedometer.
The S-Presso will be the first model to feature Maruti Suzuki's BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. The all-new hatchback could also feature a 1.2-litre petrol engine, and a CNG variant at some point in the future.
On the safety front, we expect the S-Presso to come equipped with dual airbags, ABS+EBD, rear parking sensors, speed alerts, seatbelts, and more.
The S-Presso will be sold alongside the Alto, which is one of the most popular hatchbacks in India. We expect the S-Presso to have a slight higher pricing bracket than the Alto. The S-Presso will compete against other tall-riding hatchbacks in India. This includes the upcoming Renault Kwid facelift and the Datsun redi-GO.
Maruti has planned to update their other models with BS-Vl compliant petrol engines before the deadline for new emission norms comes into effect. The company has already updated their 800cc, 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre petrol engines to comply with the upcoming BS-VI norms. The BS-VI compliant engine on the S-Presso will be carried over on the Alto K10 at a later stage.
Thoughts About The All-New S-Presso
The S-Presso looks like a younger version of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. With the tall-riding stance you will get a commanding view from the driver seat. The company is looking to boost its sales with the launch of S-Presso this festive season.