- 12 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 12 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: MI vs CSK Highlights: Rayudu, Du Plessis guide Chennai Super Kings to five wicket-win over Mumbai Indians
- Movies Drishyam 2: The Set Work Of The Mohanlal Starrer Is Progressing!
- Lifestyle World Marrow Donor Day WMDD: What Is Bone Marrow Transplant? Importance And Side Effects
- News Drug case: Kishore Shetty of 'ABCD' fame arrested in Mangaluru
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on an all-new car called the S-Presso. The S-Presso will be part of the entry-level models in the brand's line-up. The S-Presso has been spotted testing in full swing ahead of its launch in India.
*The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Concept Car
The S-Presso is expected to go on sale from 30 September 2019, as reported by Autocar India. The all-new S-Presso will be sold via Maruti's Arena dealerships.
The S-Presso has been spied multiple times, and that has revealed some of the exterior design details. The all-new S-Presso will be a tall-riding hatchback based on the Future S-Concept which was showcased at the AutoExpo 2018.
The new hatchback will have a taller boxy stance, and will stand apart from their current line-up of hatchbacks. Other exterior features include a chunky front and rear bumper that adds to the rugged design cues. Although not much was revealed about the car's interiors, it is said to have a center-mounted speedometer.
The S-Presso will be the first model to feature Maruti Suzuki's BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. The all-new hatchback could also feature a 1.2-litre petrol engine, and a CNG variant at some point in the future.
On the safety front, we expect the S-Presso to come equipped with dual airbags, ABS+EBD, rear parking sensors, speed alerts, seatbelts, and more.
The S-Presso will be sold alongside the Alto, which is one of the most popular hatchbacks in India. We expect the S-Presso to have a slight higher pricing bracket than the Alto. The S-Presso will compete against other tall-riding hatchbacks in India. This includes the upcoming Renault Kwid facelift and the Datsun redi-GO.
Maruti has planned to update their other models with BS-Vl compliant petrol engines before the deadline for new emission norms comes into effect. The company has already updated their 800cc, 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre petrol engines to comply with the upcoming BS-VI norms. The BS-VI compliant engine on the S-Presso will be carried over on the Alto K10 at a later stage.
Thoughts About The All-New S-Presso
The S-Presso looks like a younger version of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. With the tall-riding stance you will get a commanding view from the driver seat. The company is looking to boost its sales with the launch of S-Presso this festive season.