- 1 day ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 1 day ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 1 day ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- News Engineering Jobs: POWERGRID announces Executive Trainee vacancies; How to apply
- Movies WHAAT? Salman Khan's LIP-LOCK Scenes With Alia Bhatt Lead To Indifference Between Him & Mr Bhansali?
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 94: Telugu Titans Vs Dabang Delhi: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Microcytic Anemia: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology Tata Sky On WhatsApp: Check Balance, Add Packs And More
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on an all-new car called the S-Presso. The S-Presso will be part of the entry-level models in the brand's line-up. The S-Presso has been spotted testing in full swing ahead of its launch in India.
*The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Concept Car
The S-Presso is expected to go on sale from 30 September 2019, as reported by Autocar India. The all-new S-Presso will be sold via Maruti's Arena dealerships.
The S-Presso has been spied multiple times, and that has revealed some of the exterior design details. The all-new S-Presso will be a tall-riding hatchback based on the Future S-Concept which was showcased at the AutoExpo 2018.
The new hatchback will have a taller boxy stance, and will stand apart from their current line-up of hatchbacks. Other exterior features include a chunky front and rear bumper that adds to the rugged design cues. Although not much was revealed about the car's interiors, it is said to have a center-mounted speedometer.
The S-Presso will be the first model to feature Maruti Suzuki's BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. The all-new hatchback could also feature a 1.2-litre petrol engine, and a CNG variant at some point in the future.
On the safety front, we expect the S-Presso to come equipped with dual airbags, ABS+EBD, rear parking sensors, speed alerts, seatbelts, and more.
The S-Presso will be sold alongside the Alto, which is one of the most popular hatchbacks in India. We expect the S-Presso to have a slight higher pricing bracket than the Alto. The S-Presso will compete against other tall-riding hatchbacks in India. This includes the upcoming Renault Kwid facelift and the Datsun redi-GO.
Maruti has planned to update their other models with BS-Vl compliant petrol engines before the deadline for new emission norms comes into effect. The company has already updated their 800cc, 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre petrol engines to comply with the upcoming BS-VI norms. The BS-VI compliant engine on the S-Presso will be carried over on the Alto K10 at a later stage.
Thoughts About The All-New S-Presso
The S-Presso looks like a younger version of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. With the tall-riding stance you will get a commanding view from the driver seat. The company is looking to boost its sales with the launch of S-Presso this festive season.