- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its latest product in the Indian market in the form of an all-new hatchback called the S-Presso. The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will go on sale in the Indian market on the 30th September 2019 and will be positioned above the Alto K10.
Now, a few weeks ahead of its launch in India, details regarding the upcoming Maruti S-Presso has been revealed. According to Autocar India, the new Maruti S-Presso hatchback will be a more compact offering than its direct rival, the Renault Kwid.
The new Maruti S-Presso is said to be 3565mm in length, 1520mm in width and 1564mm in height. It will also have a wheelbase 2380mm and a ground clearance of 180mm. Comparing this to the Renault Kwid, the S-Presso is 114mm shorter, 59mm narrower and 86mm taller than the Renault hatchback.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will also come with a 42mm shorter wheelbase, although the ground clearance is equal on both the hatchbacks. The new Maruti Suzuki hatchback will also come with larger 14-inch tyres, compared to the Renault Kwid's 13-inch wheels.
In terms of variants, the new Maruti S-Presso hatchback is said to be offered with four variants. All variants will come with a 1.0-litre petrol engine, carried forward from the Alto K10.
The 1.0-litre engine on the S-Presso will, however, be BS-VI compliant and produce 68bhp and 90Nm of torque. It will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the higher-spec variants receiving the optional AMT transmission as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is based on the brand's ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The car will come with a tall SUV-like stance similar to the Renault Kwid. It will be offered with a host of features and equipment as well.
This includes all the mandatory safety equipment, the latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system from Maruti Suzuki, steering-mounted controls and a centrally-mounted instrument cluster; among a bunch of others as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be sold alongside the Alto K10 in the Indian market. Although it will be priced at a slight premium, with an expected starting price of around Rs 3.5 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Details
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is the latest entrant in the brand's product lineup in India. The company which has been facing its worst ever sales decline, will be hoping that the new hatchback will help them improve in the market. Maruti Suzuki recently recorded a decline of 35 per cent in sales in the previous month of August 2019.