- 19 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- 1 day ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Deliveries Begin During Navaratri Across India
- 1 day ago New Royal Enfield Riding Jackets Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 4,950
- 1 day ago Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- Finance 5 Ideas To Generate Income Streams In Your Retirement Years
- Sports Sanju Samson reveals reason behind his strange celebration after scoring fifty for Rajasthan Royals
- News Dasara: Mysuru gears up for mini 'jamboo savari' amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Lifestyle List Of Foods And Drinks You Should Avoid During Pregnancy
- Movies Dussehra 2020: TV Celebs Miss The Festive Fervour This Year Due To The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its latest product in the Indian market in the form of an all-new hatchback called the S-Presso. The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will go on sale in the Indian market on the 30th September 2019 and will be positioned above the Alto K10.
Now, a few weeks ahead of its launch in India, details regarding the upcoming Maruti S-Presso has been revealed. According to Autocar India, the new Maruti S-Presso hatchback will be a more compact offering than its direct rival, the Renault Kwid.
The new Maruti S-Presso is said to be 3565mm in length, 1520mm in width and 1564mm in height. It will also have a wheelbase 2380mm and a ground clearance of 180mm. Comparing this to the Renault Kwid, the S-Presso is 114mm shorter, 59mm narrower and 86mm taller than the Renault hatchback.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will also come with a 42mm shorter wheelbase, although the ground clearance is equal on both the hatchbacks. The new Maruti Suzuki hatchback will also come with larger 14-inch tyres, compared to the Renault Kwid's 13-inch wheels.
In terms of variants, the new Maruti S-Presso hatchback is said to be offered with four variants. All variants will come with a 1.0-litre petrol engine, carried forward from the Alto K10.
The 1.0-litre engine on the S-Presso will, however, be BS-VI compliant and produce 68bhp and 90Nm of torque. It will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the higher-spec variants receiving the optional AMT transmission as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is based on the brand's ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. The car will come with a tall SUV-like stance similar to the Renault Kwid. It will be offered with a host of features and equipment as well.
This includes all the mandatory safety equipment, the latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system from Maruti Suzuki, steering-mounted controls and a centrally-mounted instrument cluster; among a bunch of others as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will be sold alongside the Alto K10 in the Indian market. Although it will be priced at a slight premium, with an expected starting price of around Rs 3.5 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Details
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is the latest entrant in the brand's product lineup in India. The company which has been facing its worst ever sales decline, will be hoping that the new hatchback will help them improve in the market. Maruti Suzuki recently recorded a decline of 35 per cent in sales in the previous month of August 2019.