- 9 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Maruti Suzuki recently launched the S-Presso mini-SUV in the Indian market. The new Maruti S-Presso is currently available in a single petrol-powered engine option. However, recent spy pics confirm that a CNG variant of the S-Presso is under development for the Indian market.
The image from Cartoq, showcases the instrument cluster of the Maruti S-Presso with the CNG logo. This indicates that the Maruti S-Presso CNG variant is currently under development, slated for an Indian launch at a later stage.
Apart from the image, there is no other information yet regarding the CNG model of the recently launched S-Presso. We expect the new model to borrow the CNG technology from its sibling, the Alto K10.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso already uses the same petrol engine as on the Alto K10. This is in the form of a 1.0-litre three-cylinder unit producing 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a five-speed manual gearbox with the optional AGS automatic also on offer.
However, the engine on the S-Presso unlike the Alto K10 has been upgraded to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms; set to be implemented from April 2020. The new mini-SUV is based on the fifth-generation HEARTECT platform of Maruti Suzuki. This allows the S-Presso to comply with the crash test and pedestrian protection norms in the country — here are the top things to know about the Maruti S-Presso.
The S-Presso is available in a range of four variants: Std, LXI, VXi and VXi+. All variants come loaded with features and safety equipment as well. Some of these include a fully-digital instrument cluster, large touchscreen infotainment system with Maruti Suzuki's SmartPlay Studio system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto ABS with EBD, dual airbags, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminder and high-speed warning; among a host of others — here are the variant-wise feature list on the Maruti S-Presso.
Maruti Suzuki recently achieved a new milestone in sales. The company registered over 2 lakh units of BS6 car sales in India, in the past six months. The company currently has the largest lineup of BS-VI cars in the country, with eight products; the S-Presso being the latest addition — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso CNG Variant
The Maruti S-Presso CNG is expected to arrive very soon in the Indian market. Once launched, the Maruti S-Presso CNG variant is said to be likely to be based on the mid-spec VXi trim and will be costlier than the standard model. The Maruti S-Presso rivals the likes of the newly introduced Renault Kwid facelift in the market.