- 32 min ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Revealed With Seats Finished In Benecke-Kaliko Blackstone Leather.
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- News ‘Bikini airline’ VietJet kicks off Delhi to Vietnam, with tickets starting Rs 9; Check details
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Movies Saaho Celebrations Begin: Fans Place 70-Feet Cutout Of Prabhas In An Event
- Sports UFC returns to Boston with Light Heavyweight thriller
- Technology Realme 5 Pro Vs Redmi Note 7 Pro – Which Mid-Range Phone Wins The Race?
- Finance TCS Surpasses RIL In Market Cap To Reclaim Most Valued Indian Firm Tag
- Lifestyle Har Chhath 2019: Date, Time, And Significance of Balaram Jayanti Vrat
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
According to Livemint, the second EV from Suzuki in India will be based on the popular Ertiga MPV. The new Maruti Ertiga electric is said to be offered with completely different dimensions, design and probably even a brand new name as well. However, reports did suggest that the plan for the second EV is still being finalised at this time.
Maruti Suzuki is trying hard to stay ahead of its competition in the electric mobility segment in India. Maruti Suzuki is currently testing out 50 prototypes of the Wagon R electric in the country. The electric Wagon R is being tested extensively in the market, under a number of different and extreme scenarios.
Apart from the launch of the Maruti Wagon R electric and now the Ertiga electric; the company is also working on setting up a lithium-ion battery plant in Gujarat. However, its rivals Tata Motors also recently announced their plans to set up a similar lithium-ion battery plant in Gujarat as well.
Maruti Suzuki launched the second-generation Ertiga MPV in the country, earlier this year. Since then, the Maruti Ertiga has performed extremely well in the market, leading the MPV segment in sales. The success of the multi-purpose vehicle in the Indian market is one of the main reasons for Maruti selecting it as their next EV.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is currently available in both petrol and diesel engine options. This includes 1.5-litre petrol, 1.3-litre diesel and a 1.5-litre diesel as well. Maruti also offers a range of transmission options as well.
The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is available with a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The company is currently also preparing to introduce a more premium six-seater version of the Ertiga MPV in the Indian market. The new premium Ertiga is scheduled to go on sale from the 21st of August this year.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ertiga Electric
Maruti Suzuki is planning for an aggressive strategy towards the electric vehicle segment in the Indian market. With the electric Wagon R scheduled to launch in India in 2020, we can expect the electric Ertiga MPV to arrive in the market sometime at a later stage, probably even 2021. However, Maruti Suzuki is yet to announce anything officially.