- News Malaysia bans Zakir Naik from giving speeches in interest of national security
- Sports Srikanth, Praneeth, Prannoy make winning start at World Championships
- Movies Vanitha Vijayakumar Is The New Wild Card Entry; Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Fans Lash Out At The Team!
- Technology OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro To Launch On September 26th In India
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSIL), which is the largest-selling carmaker across the nation, will be launching a rugged version of its only MPV on August 21. However, this MPV will be a more premium offering and will be sold through the Nexa dealership.
This new MPV is currently dubbed as the Maruti Ertiga Cross. The new model would carry some crossover-traits and look more stunning than the outgoing variant. The Ertiga Cross will feature several updates on the exterior as well as the interior. Other than this, it will even offer some more features. The highlight of the cabin will be its 6-seater format.
The company has been working on launching a CNG version of the Ertiga. As of now, the second gen Maruti Ertiga is only available with a 1.5-litre petrol and a 1.3-litre diesel engine. Also, the previous generation variant was available in CNG also.
Well, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd is working on a CNG version of the second-gen Ertiga which will further enhance the appeal of the MPV. The powertrain is expected to be based on the company's new 1.5-litre, K15B petrol engine, which also made its debut on the Ciaz facelift.
Moreover, the new K15B petrol engine for both the Ertiga and the Ciaz already feature SHVS mild-hybrid system. The system includes a start/stop mechanism and torque assist functions. And with the introduction of the CNG, it should help further enhance the efficiency of the car.
The previous-gen Ertiga CNG delivered a fuel mileage of 22.8 km/kg (combined). However, the new CNG model with the mild-hybrid system could help cross the 25 km/kg mark.
Thoughts On The Second Generation Ertiga CNG
The previous generation Ertiga CNG was already delivering a good mileage, but the new Ertiga CNG and along with the mild-hybrid system it will be a game changer altogether. Also, the new MPV will be getting a lot of changes as far as tech and cosmetic goes, which will help the company to boost its sales.