- 4 min ago Skoda Kodiaq Corporate Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 33 Lakh
- 47 min ago MG eZS Teased Ahead Of India-Launch Next Year: To Rival The Hyundai Kona EV
- 2 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar & XUV300 BS-VI Spied Testing In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Tata Sumo Discontinued In India: Company Stops Production Of SUV After 25 Years Of Sales
- Movies Ittymaani Made In China Full Movie Leaked Online By Tamilrockers: Mohanlal Fans Shocked!
- Technology Lenovo Carme Smartwatch First Impressions: Smartwatch Lookalike With Basic Fitness Tracker Features
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Lifestyle Queer Eye's Tan France's Emmy 2019 Outfit Is By This Indian Designer
- News Over 50 eminent personalities in WB opposes language imposition
- Finance 5 Export Business Ideas In India
- Sports Ashes 2019 Stats, Records & Results: Unstoppable Smith, undaunted Stokes, unmissable Archer leave their mark
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki launched the all-new version of the Ertiga just a few months ago. The seven-seater Maruti Ertiga received a very good response on the market from its time of launch and gathered a lot of bookings within the first week itself.
Now, Autocar India reports that there is a 6-seater version of the Maruti Ertiga in the works and it will be launched within a few weeks' time. Unlike the regular family-oriented seven-seater version, the new 6-seater Ertiga will focus on being a premium and luxurious choice within an affordable price tag.
It will be available along with the current Ertiga as its top-spec variant. However, chances are more for it to be sold exclusively through the brand's premium NEXA outlets while the regular version continues to sell via the all-new Maruti Suzuki ARENA range of dealerships.
From the looks of it, the new Maruti Ertiga 6-seater variant will be an ideal choice for business and corporate transport operations. The major change between the regular version and this will obviously be in the seat configuration. The middle-row will ditch the existing bench setup and make way for a pair of captain seats.
Other MPVs on the market such as the Toyota Innova Crysta, Renault Lodgy and Mahindra Marazzo, are also available in this configuration. Usually limited to the top variants, the equipment list will also see some new additions to make it as premium as possible within a reasonable price range.
In this regard, the 6-seater Maruti Ertiga will most-likely feature faux leather seats and a few cosmetic bits to indicate its premium-factor (maybe some small extra features as well).
The 2018 Maruti Ertiga MPV can be bought either with the new 1.5-litre petrol engine or the existing 1.3-litre diesel. The petrol-powered Ertiga makes 105bhp and 138Nm of torque, while coming mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
The diesel variant, on the other hand, produces 90bhp and 200Nm of torque. It comes with only a five-speed manual, but an AMT version might be introduced at a later stage.
As of now, Maruti Suzuki has not shared anything about the new version of the Ertiga. However, we expect it to carry a price tag, just a bit over Rs 11 lakh ex-showroom (for the diesel).
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga
The upcoming Maruti Ertiga 6-seater variant does promise a lot. It might not sell as much as the regular version, but will be a good choice for those who are looking forward to having something different and well-appointed. What do you think? Let us know in the comment section below.