- 2 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 4 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 5 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 5 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Maruti Suzuki is gearing up for the launch of their new WagonR hatchback in the Indian market. Apart from the regular WagonR, Maruti Suzuki is also working on its first electric vehicle for the Indian market.
The Maruti WagonR electric has been spied testing again, near Delhi. The WagonR electric was first showcased at the MOVE Summit 2018, held in September. The design of the electric WagonR is based on the Solio, sold in international markets.
Maruti commenced the testing of 50 prototype electric vehicles in the country in October 2018. The prototype testing was flagged off at the company's Gurugram plant by Maruti Suzuki's Senior Executive Director, CV Raman.
The testing will be done in different terrains and climatic conditions, to help Maruti validate the success of the launch of the electric WagonR in India. The Maruti WagonR electric is said to be powered by a 72-volt system with a 10 - 25kWh battery capacity. The electric WagonR is said to offer a maximum range of 150km on a single charge.
The electric WagonR prototype is said to be based on the HEARTECT platform similar to the Swift and the Dzire. It will come with all the standard features as seen on its petrol counterpart, along with equipment such as ABS and dual airbags.
Maruti Suzuki is also working on completing its battery production plant in Gujarat. The battery production facility is being built in partnership with Toyota India. Apart from the battery plant, the two major car brands will also pool their resources to develop newer technologies for the Indian market.
Currently, Maruti Suzuki is working on the launch of the new WagonR hatchback. The new WagonR is scheduled to launch on the 23rd of January and will come with a host of features and updates.
Thoughts On The Maruti WagonR Electric Spied
The Maruti WagonR electric has been spied on multiple occasions. The electric hatchback will be the first EV from the brand in the Indian market. The WagonR itself has been one of the most popular hatchbacks in the market and has been in the top-selling list every month. The new Maruti WagonR once launched will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro and the Datsun GO in India.