- 38 min ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- Sports Ferran Corominas returns to FC Goa for a third season
- Technology Realme 3 Pro with up to 6GB RAM going up for sale today on Flipkart
- Movies Are Sai Pallavi And Rakul Preet Singh Not On Good Terms? DEETS INSIDE!
- News West Bengal: BJP activist shot dead in North 24 Parganas district
- Finance Finance Ministry To Launch ETF With Public Sector Banks This Fiscal Year
- Education WB HS Result 2019 Declared: 86.92 Percent Students Passed
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has updated their Eeco MPV in the Indian market. The 2019 Maruti Eeco, now comes equipped with updated safety features and is priced at Rs 3.55 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Maruti Suzuki has also updated their website, showcasing the updates on the new Eeco MPV.
In terms of safety features, the Maruti Eeco now comes with ABS, EBD, driver-side airbags, reverse parking sensors, front passenger seat-belt reminders and a speed alert system. The 'Tour V' trim on the Maruti Eeco; used mainly by taxi and fleet operators, gets a speed limiter, replacing the high-speed alert system.
Other updates also include the Eeco now featuring a new steering wheel, borrowed from the Alto hatchback. This is because the new steering wheel allows for the housing of the driver airbags.
Apart from these additional safety features, no other changes have been made to the Maruti Eeco. The new safety regulations come into effect from today (1st April 2019). All cars sold from today must mandatorily offer the above safety features as standard across all variants.
The 2019 Maruti Eeco continues to be offered in a variety of seating layouts. This includes a five and seven-seater configuration. Maruti also offers the Eeco as a cargo van, with the rear bench seats removed for additional space.
Mechanically, the Maruti Eeco continues to be powered by the same 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 73bhp and 101Nm of torque. It is also offered in a CNG variant, which churns out 63bhp and 85Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The updated Maruti Eeco will continue to remain on sale till October 2019. This is when the stringent crash test norms come into effect. We will have to see if Maruti brings out another update for the Eeco after October or discontinues the model altogether.
Thoughts On The 2019 Maruti Eeco
The Maruti Eeco is a popular entry-level MPV offering for the brand in the country. With the safety norms in the country now implemented, the update on the Maruti Eeco comes as no surprise. Maruti will now concentrate on the upcoming crash test norms of October 2019.