- 50 min ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 1 hr ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- 2 hrs ago MG Motor & eChargeBays Collaborates To Provide Home Charging Infrastructure
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Sports Smith, Warner among most expensive players in The Hundred
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Maruti Suzuki has updated their Eeco MPV in the Indian market. The 2019 Maruti Eeco, now comes equipped with updated safety features and is priced at Rs 3.55 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Maruti Suzuki has also updated their website, showcasing the updates on the new Eeco MPV.
In terms of safety features, the Maruti Eeco now comes with ABS, EBD, driver-side airbags, reverse parking sensors, front passenger seat-belt reminders and a speed alert system. The 'Tour V' trim on the Maruti Eeco; used mainly by taxi and fleet operators, gets a speed limiter, replacing the high-speed alert system.
Other updates also include the Eeco now featuring a new steering wheel, borrowed from the Alto hatchback. This is because the new steering wheel allows for the housing of the driver airbags.
Apart from these additional safety features, no other changes have been made to the Maruti Eeco. The new safety regulations come into effect from today (1st April 2019). All cars sold from today must mandatorily offer the above safety features as standard across all variants.
The 2019 Maruti Eeco continues to be offered in a variety of seating layouts. This includes a five and seven-seater configuration. Maruti also offers the Eeco as a cargo van, with the rear bench seats removed for additional space.
Mechanically, the Maruti Eeco continues to be powered by the same 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 73bhp and 101Nm of torque. It is also offered in a CNG variant, which churns out 63bhp and 85Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The updated Maruti Eeco will continue to remain on sale till October 2019. This is when the stringent crash test norms come into effect. We will have to see if Maruti brings out another update for the Eeco after October or discontinues the model altogether.
Thoughts On The 2019 Maruti Eeco
The Maruti Eeco is a popular entry-level MPV offering for the brand in the country. With the safety norms in the country now implemented, the update on the Maruti Eeco comes as no surprise. Maruti will now concentrate on the upcoming crash test norms of October 2019.