- 9 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 10 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 12 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Indian automaker Maruti Suzuki, is expected to launch the Eeco MPV with a BS-VI complaint engine soon. As reported by Autocar India, the new MPV will also feature an improved crash protection as well.
The current-gen Eeco is powered by the company's outdated 1.2-litre ‘G-Series' petrol engine, however, we expect Maruti to make the same engine BS-VI compliant. This is because, the Eeco MPV is rear-wheel driven and none of the Maruti's modern ‘K-Series' engines would be suitable for the rear wheel drive configuration.
The new-gen Eeco people carrier is also expected to feature few manufacture revisions to comply with the new crash norms that are effective from October 1, 2019. It is expected to feature an improved side-crash protection and pedestrian safety after becoming complaint with the new crash protection norms.
Current-gen Maruti Eeco features a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 72bhp of power and 101Nm of torque. The power is sent to rear wheels with the help of a five-speed transmission unit. The Eeco is also available with a factory-fitted CNG option as well.
The Eeco CNG based engine produces 62bhp of power and 85Nm of torque. The engine has an ARAI-rated 15.37kpl figure for the petrol variant and 21.94km/kg on CNG variant. The new Eeco is expected to feature the same mileage figures after becoming BS-VI compliant model as well.
The Eeco was recently updated with many standard safety equipment from the company. The list included a standard-fit driver-side airbag, ABS and rear parking sensors. The interiors of the Eeco are very basic with air conditioning controls placed at the middle of the dashboard.
The infotainment system is missing on the current-gen Eeco, however, we can expect the upcoming model to updated interiors with added features. Starting with an infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity for music streaming from a smartphone. Overall, we expect Maruti to revise the interior of the MPV to make for a pleasant cabin feel.
The Eeco people carrier is currently available in five and seven-seater configurations. The current-gen Eeco retails between Rs Rs 3.52 lakh to Rs 4.86 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). We expect the new Eeco BS-VI model to see a slight increase in the price.
Thoughts About The Eeco BS-VI Launching Soon
The Maruti Eeco was first introduced back in 2010, which was inspired by the company's Versa MPV. While the Versa did not sell much in numbers, its successor the Eeco has managed to gain success in the market with selling over 5,00,000 units in nine years. However, the MPV is need of a major overhaul and hopefully we can see that on the upcoming model.