- 13 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- News Should VVPATs be counted before EVM votes?
- Technology Samsung's latest 5x optical zoom camera sensor is just 5mm in thickness
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 13: Overtakes Srimanthudu To Reach A New Milestone!
- Finance Here's How You Should Position Yourself Before Election Results
- Sports Fury expects Wilder rematch in March or April 2020
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has updated the 'Tour S' taxi variant of their Dzire compact sedan in the Indian market. The Maruti Dzire Tour S now comes with all the mandatory safety features, along with a price hike as well.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire 'Tour S' variant still uses the older generation model of the compact-sedan. However, the update shows that it is still a popular choice among cab fleet operators.
The Dzire Tour S variant now comes equipped with ABS with EBD, driver-side airbags, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminders and high-speed alert. With the additional equipment, Maruti Suzuki has increased prices of the compact-sedan. The Maruti Dzire Tour S is now offered with a price tag ranging between Rs 5.60 lakh to Rs 6.60 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
The addition of the safety equipment is part of the new regulations which came into effect from the 1st April 2019. Apart from the addition of hte safety features, no other changes have been made to the popular sub-4-metre taxi variant.
The Maruti Dzire Tour S is powered by the same engine options as on the regular variants. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine options. The 1.2-litre engine is available in both petrol and CNG format. It produces 83bhp while running on petrol and 70bhp while running on CNG. The diesel engine on the other hand, churns out 75bhp. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The usage of the older generation model for the cab fleet, Maruti Suzuki has maintained the premiumness of the new generation model. Maruti recently launched the new 1.2-litre DualJet engine on their premium Baleno hatchback recently and will soon introduce it on the new Dzire sedan as well. The new engine is BS-VI compliant, making the Baleno ready for the April 2020 emissions deadline — here are more details on the new engine.
Thoughts On The Maruti Dzire Tour S Update
The Maruti Dzire Tour S is based on the older generation model. Maruti Suzuki hasn't updated the taxi variant of the Dzire to the new model as this would make the new model lose its premiumness. The Maruti Dzire Tour S is still, however, one of the most popular models among fleet operators in the market.