- 7 hrs ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- 8 hrs ago KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- 11 hrs ago Will BS-IV Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020 Remain Operational: Here's The Government's Decision
- 13 hrs ago Jawa Owners Cancel Bookings: Delivery Estimator Shows Increased Waiting Period & Other Problems
- News FATF review: Pakistan failed 32 of 40 parameters
- Finance 7 Best HDFC Mutual Fund Schemes You Must Buy
- Movies Porinju Mariam Jose Box Office Collections Day 1: Makes A Solid And Promising Opening!
- Sports West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2 Highlights: Ishant takes five to put India in command
- Technology Amazon Onam Offers 2019 – Laptops, Headphones, Speakers And More On Discount
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki has updated the 'Tour S' taxi variant of their Dzire compact sedan in the Indian market. The Maruti Dzire Tour S now comes with all the mandatory safety features, along with a price hike as well.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire 'Tour S' variant still uses the older generation model of the compact-sedan. However, the update shows that it is still a popular choice among cab fleet operators.
The Dzire Tour S variant now comes equipped with ABS with EBD, driver-side airbags, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminders and high-speed alert. With the additional equipment, Maruti Suzuki has increased prices of the compact-sedan. The Maruti Dzire Tour S is now offered with a price tag ranging between Rs 5.60 lakh to Rs 6.60 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
The addition of the safety equipment is part of the new regulations which came into effect from the 1st April 2019. Apart from the addition of hte safety features, no other changes have been made to the popular sub-4-metre taxi variant.
The Maruti Dzire Tour S is powered by the same engine options as on the regular variants. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine options. The 1.2-litre engine is available in both petrol and CNG format. It produces 83bhp while running on petrol and 70bhp while running on CNG. The diesel engine on the other hand, churns out 75bhp. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The usage of the older generation model for the cab fleet, Maruti Suzuki has maintained the premiumness of the new generation model. Maruti recently launched the new 1.2-litre DualJet engine on their premium Baleno hatchback recently and will soon introduce it on the new Dzire sedan as well. The new engine is BS-VI compliant, making the Baleno ready for the April 2020 emissions deadline — here are more details on the new engine.
Thoughts On The Maruti Dzire Tour S Update
The Maruti Dzire Tour S is based on the older generation model. Maruti Suzuki hasn't updated the taxi variant of the Dzire to the new model as this would make the new model lose its premiumness. The Maruti Dzire Tour S is still, however, one of the most popular models among fleet operators in the market.