- 3 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 4 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 6 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- News India's Astrosat completes 5 years of mapping stars, galaxies in space
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Sports French Open 2020: Serena Williams sees off Ahn again in slam opener
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 12: Amitabh Bachchan's Show Premieres With A Few Tweaks & A Strong Message!
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Maruti Suzuki, the country's leading car manufacturer has achieved a new milestone in sales yet again. Maruti BS-VI cars in India have registered sales of over 2 lakh units in the past six months.
Maruti Suzuki launched its first BS-VI car in the Indian market, back in April 2019 with the Alto 800. Since then, the company has consistently updated their product lineup to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. Maruti Suzuki currently has eight models in its range, which comply with the BS-VI norms. This includes the Alto, Baleno, Swift, Dzire, WagonR (1.2l), Ertiga, XL6 and the recently launched S-Presso.
Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,
"We thank customers who have opted for our BS6 range of vehicles. We believe that mass adoption is one of the most important factors for success of any new technology. Offering eight BS6 compliant petrol vehicles in the mass segment, much ahead of timeline, has helped us to reach this technology to a larger customer base."
He further added, "Early introduction of the BS6 range represents our commitment to Government of India's vision for clean and green environment."
The BS-VI compliant models in the Maruti Suzuki range are also among the best-sellers for the brand in the market. All models have been introduced well ahead of the deadline, with the likes of the Alto 800 and the Baleno launched almost a year before the implementation.
Maruti Suzuki BS-VI cars are able to run on BS-IV fuel without any operational concerns, before shifting to the upgraded fuel from April 2020. The implementation of BS-VI compliant engines, makes Maruti Suzuki cars run cleaner, reducing NOx emissions by 25%.
The company recently introduced the S-Presso mini-SUV in the Indian market. The new Maruti S-Presso is available with a starting price of Rs 3.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are the details.
The S-Presso is powered by the same 1.0-litre engine as on the Alto K10. However, the company has updated the engine to BS-VI standards. The Maruti S-Presso is also the first model from the company to feature a BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre engine. The brand could soon update the popular Alto K10 with the upgraded engine sometime soon as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki BS6 Car Sales In India
Maruti Suzuki is the only brand in the Indian market to offer a wide range of BS6 Compliant products. The company has updated most of its popular models to comply with the updated emission norms, well ahead of its deadline of April 2020. Other brands have also introduced a few BS-VI models in the country — here is the entire list of BS6 Cars on sale in India.