- 11 hrs ago TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift BS6 Model To Be Unveiled At Auto Expo
- 13 hrs ago New TVS Electric Scooter Launch Highlights: Brand's First Electric Scooter To Rival The Ather 450
- 15 hrs ago Spy Pics: Hyundai Tucson Facelift BS6 Model Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch
- News Republic Day 2020 LIVE: India all set to celebrate country’s diversity
- Technology Best Budget PopUp Camera Smartphones In India
- Movies Aditya Roy Kapur Says Shooting For Malang Reminded Him Of His Younger Days In Goa
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Lifestyle Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Maruti Suzuki has announced the achievement of a new milestone in terms of sales. The Maruti Baleno sales in India has crossed over 6.5 lakh units since its launch 4 years back. This makes it the fastest-selling premium hatchback in the Indian market.
The Maruti Baleno was first launched back in October 2015. Since then, the model has become the best-selling premium hatchback in the market.
The Baleno brings in consistent volume sales to the brand, selling 5-digit figures month-on-month. The October 2019 sales of the Maruti Baleno stood at 15,237 units; making it the fourth best-selling car in the Indian market.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, MSIL, stated:
"Baleno since inception has been a leader. Retailed from our premium channel NEXA, Baleno attracted a new set of customers to Maruti Suzuki family. Baleno is the perfect choice for those looking for a premium hatchback."
"Continuous alignment with our customer's expectations and desires along with periodic technological upgrades has kept Baleno ahead of the curve. It has been our constant endeavour through the years to introduce new technology and add attractive features to make the Baleno the most aspired for a hatchback in the market."
The Maruti Baleno comes with a host of premium features and technology, making it an attractive offering in the segment. It is also the first Maruti Suzuki product to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. The company launched the BS-VI version of the Baleno back in April 2019, almost a year ahead of the deadline.
The Maruti Baleno comes powered by an in-house developed 1.2-litre petrol engine. It produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional CVT automatic transmission. The petrol engine is also available with Maruti's Smart Hybrid technology as well.
Maruti Suzuki also offers the Baleno with the tried and tested 1.3-litre diesel unit. This produces 74bhp and 190Nm of torque, mated to the same five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Maruti Baleno Sales Milestone In India
The Maruti Baleno is the best-selling premium hatchback in the Indian market. The car is offered with a starting price of Rs 5.58 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Maruti Suzuki Baleno rivals the likes of the Hyundai Elite i20, Toyota Glanza and the upcoming Tata Altroz in the Indian market.