- 19 min ago KTM RC 125, RC 200 & RC 390 Launched In New Colours: Prices & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon To Get New Grille Design Soon: Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra Thar Bookings & Launch Timeline Revealed: Teaser Video
- 1 day ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Shefali Shah's Delhi Crime Bags Nomination In Best Drama Series Category At Emmy Awards 2020
- Sports IPL 2020: We're happy with the way we're playing, says Mayank Agarwal
- News Loan moratorium: SC gives Centre one week on new plan
- Technology Reliance Industries Might Join Hands With United Telelinks For 4G Smartphones
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Mouni Roy: 5 Pretty Dresses Of The Actress That Could Be Your Next Party Look!
- Finance PVR, Inox Leisure Rally Up To 12% After West Bengal Allows Cinemas To Reopen From Oct 1
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
Indian automaker Mahindra, is actively testing their BS-VI models In India. The latest model to have spotted testing is the XUV500 SUV. The spy pic from Zigwheels reveal a XUV500 testing with 'BS6 Diesel' written on the fuel tank lid of the SUV.
The test mule spotted could be fitted with Mahindra's all-new BS-VI compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine. This new engine is also expected to be powering a whole host of upcoming Mahindra models, including the next-gen XUV500, 2020 Thar and the next-gen Scorpio.
The all-new 2.0-litre diesel engine from the company is expected to be available in different states of tune as well. Currently, the XUV500 comes with a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine that develops 155bhp and 360Nm of torque. We expect the upcoming 2.0-litre engine to develop more power than the current unit.
Mahindra is also said to be working on a BS6-compliant 2.0-litre petrol engine as well. The new petrol engine is also expected to be available in the next-gen XUV500 and the 2020 Scorpio. However, the company had recently axed their petrol variant of the XUV500 from its line-up.
The company is gearing up to launch their BS-VI compliant models later this year or early next year in the market. As a result, the company is busy testing their models in India and has been spied frequently.
Alongside the BS-VI model of the SUV, Mahindra is also said to be working on a next-generation XUV500 alongside. The next-gen model of the SUV is expected to receive a complete overhaul inside out as the current-generation model has been on sale for over 9 years. This revision would be a part of the company's mid-life update to the XUV500 model.
The exterior of the next-gen XUV500 is expected with a new front end, which include revised bumpers, headlights and a new grille. The rear would also feature some subtle design changes with revised tail-lamps. It is also expected to feature the brand's latest infotainment system with a large touchscreen display and a fully-digital instrument cluster; among others.
Mahindra has also announced their joint venture with Ford, which would result in the next-gen XUV500 to join the Ford line-up of SUVs. Once launched the new SUV will rival the likes of Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, MG Hector and the upcoming Hyundai Creta facelift.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied
With the current auto slowdown in the country, automobile manufacturers are looking to make the shift to BS-VI soon and hopes to boost the sales numbers. Mahindra seems to have a lot on their plate with testing their upcoming BS-VI models of their entire line-up. The joint venture between Mahindra and Ford should further help this cause because of the shared technology.