- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News RRB Railways Paramedical Recruitment provisional final list 2019 released: What next
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Weekend Updates: None Eliminated; Inmates Emotional As Ravi Belagere Bids Adieu
- Technology Diwali Offer: Buy vivo Smartphones For Rs. 101 Down Payment At Offline Stores
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
New 2020 Mahindra XUV500 version was spotted testing ahead of its launch next year. The spy pics from Timvix reveal a heavily camouflaged test mule with strap on lights and is being tested on steel wheels.
The spy images also reveal the signature shoulder line of the XUV500 to be carried on the new-generation model. The roof of the next-gen seems to have a sloping design, too. This is the first time that the next-generation XUV500 was spotted testing on Indian roads. This confirms that the Mahindra has started testing the SUV in full-swing gearing up for the launch next year.
The next-generation is expected to receive a complete overhaul inside out as the current-generation model has been on sale for over 9 years. This revision would come as the company's mid-life update to the XUV500 model.
The exterior of the next-gen XUV500 is expected with a new front end, which include revised bumpers, headlights and a new grille. The rear would also feature some subtle design changes with revised tail-lamps.
The test mule of the new Mahindra XUV500 did not reveal much of the interiors. However, the next-generation XUV500 is expected to receive a major update as well. The current generation model does feel a bit out-dated and misses out on a number of features, which are common among its other modern rivals.
The new-generation XUV500 is expected to feature the brand's latest infotainment system with a large touchscreen display and a fully-digital instrument cluster; among others. The cabin itself will receive soft-touch materials all-around, giving the interiors of the SUV a more modern and premium feel.
Staying with the trend of automotive manufacturers featuring their vehicles with internet connectivity, the next-gen XUV500 could also get some smart connectivity built into it. The connectivity option would include operating the car through a smartphone application and various other driving statistics as well.
The next-gen XUV500 is expected to join the Ford line-up of SUVs because of Mahindra - Ford cross manufacturing. Once launched the new SUV will rival the likes of Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, MG Hector and the upcoming Hyundai Creta facelift.
Thoughts About The Next-Gen Mahindra XUV500 Spied
It is safe to say that Mahindra has realised that their globally-sold SUV is in need of a major overhaul to compete against its rivals. Last month the XUV500 saw a decline of 27 per cent with just 968 units sold. Mahindra is hoping to bring this number up by introducing the next-gen XUV500 SUV by next year.