- 12 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 12 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 15 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News AP EAMCET Counselling 2019: Document verification option, check eligibility
- Movies Shilpa Shinde Says Dipika Kakar Copied Her; Reveals Why Bigg Boss 12 Didn’t Work!
- Technology OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro To Launch On September 26th In India
- Sports Wolves 1-1 Manchester United: Pogba's missed penalty costs Solskjaer's side top spot
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Mahindra Thar 700 Limited Edition was launched in June 2019 and is priced at Rs 9.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Thar 700 will be a limited edition of the last 700 units of Thar CRDe that the company will manufacture in our country.
However, the limited edition will be discontinued after 700 units, so keeping one in your garage will be iconic. The limited-edition Thar gets Anand Mahindra's signature badging, which is placed on the right side of the vehicle.
The Thar has been like a cult following in our country and to celebrate the success of Thar CRDe, Mahindra has released a new video that reveals how the vehicle is built piece by piece by skilled workers.
The video showcases various processes being executed on the assembly line which include building the outer body, installing the body onto the chassis, installing the engine, adding wheels, and pasting various badging items such as 4×4, special edition Thar 700, and Thar CRDe.
It is very in the video that the Thar 700 is placed right next to the original CJ-3 series Jeep. However, the Thar 700 will be the last product to have CJ's DNA. While the next-gen models will be based on a completely new platform.
Thar 700 special edition comes with sporty 5-spoke alloy wheels (seen on the Scorpio) and decals on the bonnet and sides. the 700 is offered in two colour options, Aquamarine Blue and Napoli Black. It also features a blacked-out front grille, silver accents on the front bumper, leather upholstery, and 'THAR' logo on front seats.
Powering the Thar 700 special edition is the same 2.5-litre, 4 cylinders, turbo diesel engine which is seen on the regular Thar. The engine pumps out 105bhp of power and 247Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 5-speed manual gearbox and there is ABS to watch your back.
However, we are expecting the next-gen Thar to be powered by an all-new 2.0-litre, turbo diesel engine which might churn out 140bhp. There also might be a few updates like a touchscreen infotainment system, power windows and front-facing third-row seats. We also expect the next-gen Thar to launch by 2020.
Thoughts On The Next-Generation Thar
The that has been like a cult following in our country and that vehicle was a huge success. However, will the new engine and all the updates we are expecting the new that to leave a benchmark like never before.