- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The Mahindra Thar 700 Limited Edition was launched in June 2019 and is priced at Rs 9.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Thar 700 will be a limited edition of the last 700 units of Thar CRDe that the company will manufacture in our country.
However, the limited edition will be discontinued after 700 units, so keeping one in your garage will be iconic. The limited-edition Thar gets Anand Mahindra's signature badging, which is placed on the right side of the vehicle.
The Thar has been like a cult following in our country and to celebrate the success of Thar CRDe, Mahindra has released a new video that reveals how the vehicle is built piece by piece by skilled workers.
The video showcases various processes being executed on the assembly line which include building the outer body, installing the body onto the chassis, installing the engine, adding wheels, and pasting various badging items such as 4×4, special edition Thar 700, and Thar CRDe.
It is very in the video that the Thar 700 is placed right next to the original CJ-3 series Jeep. However, the Thar 700 will be the last product to have CJ's DNA. While the next-gen models will be based on a completely new platform.
Thar 700 special edition comes with sporty 5-spoke alloy wheels (seen on the Scorpio) and decals on the bonnet and sides. the 700 is offered in two colour options, Aquamarine Blue and Napoli Black. It also features a blacked-out front grille, silver accents on the front bumper, leather upholstery, and 'THAR' logo on front seats.
Powering the Thar 700 special edition is the same 2.5-litre, 4 cylinders, turbo diesel engine which is seen on the regular Thar. The engine pumps out 105bhp of power and 247Nm of torque. The engine is coupled to a 5-speed manual gearbox and there is ABS to watch your back.
However, we are expecting the next-gen Thar to be powered by an all-new 2.0-litre, turbo diesel engine which might churn out 140bhp. There also might be a few updates like a touchscreen infotainment system, power windows and front-facing third-row seats. We also expect the next-gen Thar to launch by 2020.
Thoughts On The Next-Generation Thar
The that has been like a cult following in our country and that vehicle was a huge success. However, will the new engine and all the updates we are expecting the new that to leave a benchmark like never before.