- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- 13 hrs ago New Skoda Rapid Rider Launched In India — Priced At Rs 6.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 15 hrs ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- News 7th Pay Commission latest news: DA hike a reality, not a pay increase
- Technology You Can Buy These Smartphones With Premium Features Under Rs. 25,000
- Finance Caution: New Fraud Via UPI On The Rise
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Spinners failed to impress
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
India based automotive giant Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), announced today the launch of the Thar 700 — the last batch of 700 units of the iconic 4x4 off-road SUV in its current avatar. It comes packed with unique features, and Mahindra say they have competitively priced the SUV at Rs 9.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Thar 700 is also dedicated to the 70 year old legacy of Mahindra. The company dates its lineage back to 1949 when the first Mahindra vehicle was built in India. The Thar with its 'go anywhere' capability is a true off-roader and exemplifies the company's rich 4x4 heritage. The Thar 700, a limited special edition of the iconic brand, will be available in an all new Aquamarine colour, in addition to the popular colour of Napoli Black.
What makes the Mahindra Thar 700 special is a badge on the vehicle with signature of Mr Anand Mahindra, Chairman — Mahindra Group. In addition, the Thar 700 will feature stylized 5-spoke alloy wheels, side and bonnet decals, a black finish on the grille, a silver finish on the front bumper, leatherette upholstery with the Thar logo on the front seats, and ABS.
Speaking about the special edition Thar 700, Veejay Ram Nakra, Chief of Sales and Marketing, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "We are delighted to introduce the last 700 units of our iconic off-roader, Thar, in its current avatar."
"We believe that the enthusiasts will see it as their last chance to own a piece of this Mahindra legacy, as a must-have garage collectible. The Thar is clearly an extension of our 70 years legacy and what brand Mahindra stands for. Over the years, it has successfully shaped the lifestyle vehicle segment while being popular with the off-road tribe," he added.
The company feels consumers today are looking for a different lifestyle, they want adventure and fun, and Mahindra feels the Thar offers like no other brand does. They say the SUV is popular among generations of off-road enthusiasts, style seekers and even war-veterans, and not many vehicles share the same legendary past and iconic status of the Mahindra Thar.
The Thar CRDe is an iconic off-roader, which has evolved from the vehicles like the CJ, the MM540, the Classic, and the Legend. The Thar reflects the Mahindra's legendary toughness and rugged DNA. The Thar has also been the lifestyle vehicle of choice in India wherein it has been a canvas for owners to customize it.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Thar 700
The name is simple and gets the point across. The Thar has always done well as a lifestyle vehicle for Mahindra, and the company is finally capitalizing on the 'lifestyle' status of the vehicle. We know there are no differences made to the vehicle mechanically, but we still want to take a look at the car. It's a Thar! Whaddya expect? Limited numbers, limited edition, fantastic SUV.