- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Which constituencies are voting today; Complete list of polls and by-polls on Oct 21
- Movies Badshah Responds After Dr Zeus Accuses Bala Filmmakers Of Having Plagiarized ‘Don’t Be Shy’
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Indian auto manufacturer, Mahindra has once again registered a decline in sales. Mahindra stands third overall in the sales figures standings while Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai take the first and second spot respectively.
Mahindra has registered a decline of 27 per cent on a Year on Year (YoY) basis. The company had sold 13,147 units in August this year, compared to 18,037 units sold in August 2018.
However, Mahindra currently has a market share of 6.7 per cent, with a 0.3 per cent increase registered in the month of August. Here is a breakdown of sales figures from the company's line-up:
|Model||August 2019 Sales||August 2018 Sales|
|Mahindra Alturas G4||71||-|
The Mahindra Bolero clocked sales figures of 3,993 units and became the brand's best seller for August 2019. However, it still is a drastic 34 per cent drop in sales when compared to the 6,030 units sold last year in August.
The second spot is taken by the brand's other old timer - the Scorpio. The SUV posted a sales figure of 2,862 units this August, as compared to 3,606 units sold last year. Mahindra has seen a decline of 21 per cent with their Scorpio sales. The company is hoping to increase the sales with the upcoming Scorpio facelift.
Mahindra adding another compact SUV in its product portfolio has clearly worked out. The Mahindra XVU300 took the third spot in Mahindra's sales report by selling 2,532 units in August.
The TUV300 with 1,056 units sold and XUV500 with 986 units sold, secure the fourth and fifth spots respectively. Mahindra has seen a 46 per cent and a 53 percent decline in sales for the models.
Mahindra sold 986 units of the XUV500 even after facing tough competition from the likes of the Kia Seltos, MG Hector and Tata Harrier. After considering the tough competition given by its new, feature-rich rivals, we can conclude that the XUV500 managed decent sales numbers.
The Mahindra Marazzo seems to be suffering from the industry slowdown in addition to tough competition in the MPV space. The Marazzo posted 697 units' sales in the month of August, as compared to the 1,762 units sold in the same month last year. The Marazzo is the second model in the list to experience a large decline in sales numbers, despite the immense response at the start.
The maximum decline in sales numbers came from the company's micro SUV - the KUV100. It saw a volume-slump of 86 percent with only 169 units sold last month, as compared to 1,173 units sold in the same month last year.
The August sales report for Mahindra is completed, with the bottom two spots held by the Verito and Company's flagship model Alturas G4 registering sales of 110 units and 71 units respectively.
Thoughts About Mahindra August 2019 Sales Report
Considering the current slowdown Mahindra has done fairly decent with SUV-filled product line-up. Compared to Mahindra, Tata and Honda had a rough month registering 51 per cent and 60 per cent drop in sales numbers respectively. Mahindra is hoping to increase the sales number with multiple facelift model launches in their pipeline.