- 21 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Movies Jayam Ravi's Bhoomi To Go The Direct OTT Way?
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
With the new BS-VI emission norms set to be implemented in India from April 2020, Mahindra is working on updating all of its products to comply with the new stringent emission regulations.
Ahead of the new emission norm implementation, Mahindra's flagship seven-seater SUV the Alturas G4 has been spied testing in India, undergoing emission testing. The Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI model is expected to go on sale sometime early next year.
As seen from the spy pics from ZigWheels, the upcoming Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI can be seen with heavy emission testing equipment at the rear of the SUV. The spy pics also showcase the car without any camouflage, although the badges have been covered up.
Reports also suggest that apart from the emission update, the Alturas G4 could also receive other subtle design and feature upgrades as well. This includes a new badging layout, updated dual-tone alloy wheels and interiors with an updated dual-tone dashboard and cabin.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Mahindra Alturas G4 will come with the updated version of the same engine, as on the current model. The BS-IV version of the 2.2-litre diesel engine churns out 181bhp and 420Nm of torque.
The updated BS-VI compliant engine, on the other hand, could be offered with a slight increase in power output. We expect the BS-VI version of the diesel engine to produce 187bhp (6bhp increase) while offering the same 420Nm of torque.
The updated engine will continue to be mated to the seven-speed automatic transmission, sourced from Mercedes-Benz.
Apart from all the above changes and expected updates on the Alturas G4, the SUV will remain unchanged. It will carry forward the same set of features, equipment and safety options as the current model on sale.
This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, dual-zone climate control, powered driver's seat, powered tailgate, ventilated front seats, cruise control, 360-degree camera, ABS with EBD, front and rear parking sensors, hill-start assist, electronic stability control and a host of others.
Once launched in the Indian market, Mahindra will price the Alturas G4 BS-VI slightly higher than the current model. With the current prices for the flagship SUV starting at Rs 27.70 lakh, ex-showroom, we can expect a price hike of around Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2 lakh on the new model.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Alturas G4 Spy Pics
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is the flagship model from the brand in the Indian market. It offers a host of features and is good on performance; making it an excellent all-round package. The Mahindra Alturas G4 once on sale in India will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.