- 3 hrs ago Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- 4 hrs ago New (Upcoming) Kia Cars Launches In India: Two Models Confirmed Including Carnival & New Compact-SUV
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Extreme Off-Road Video: SUV Gets Stuck & Rescued By Jeep Cherokee
- 6 hrs ago Jawa Anniversary Edition Detailed On Official Video: 90 Units Only
- Movies The Truth Behind Alia Bhatt-Ranveer Singh's Rumoured Spat!
- News Govt in denial: Sitharaman's husband slams Centre over economic slowdown
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Technology Oppo A9 2020 Receives Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India
- Lifestyle Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
With the new BS-VI emission norms set to be implemented in India from April 2020, Mahindra is working on updating all of its products to comply with the new stringent emission regulations.
Ahead of the new emission norm implementation, Mahindra's flagship seven-seater SUV the Alturas G4 has been spied testing in India, undergoing emission testing. The Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI model is expected to go on sale sometime early next year.
As seen from the spy pics from ZigWheels, the upcoming Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI can be seen with heavy emission testing equipment at the rear of the SUV. The spy pics also showcase the car without any camouflage, although the badges have been covered up.
Reports also suggest that apart from the emission update, the Alturas G4 could also receive other subtle design and feature upgrades as well. This includes a new badging layout, updated dual-tone alloy wheels and interiors with an updated dual-tone dashboard and cabin.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Mahindra Alturas G4 will come with the updated version of the same engine, as on the current model. The BS-IV version of the 2.2-litre diesel engine churns out 181bhp and 420Nm of torque.
The updated BS-VI compliant engine, on the other hand, could be offered with a slight increase in power output. We expect the BS-VI version of the diesel engine to produce 187bhp (6bhp increase) while offering the same 420Nm of torque.
The updated engine will continue to be mated to the seven-speed automatic transmission, sourced from Mercedes-Benz.
Apart from all the above changes and expected updates on the Alturas G4, the SUV will remain unchanged. It will carry forward the same set of features, equipment and safety options as the current model on sale.
This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system, dual-zone climate control, powered driver's seat, powered tailgate, ventilated front seats, cruise control, 360-degree camera, ABS with EBD, front and rear parking sensors, hill-start assist, electronic stability control and a host of others.
Once launched in the Indian market, Mahindra will price the Alturas G4 BS-VI slightly higher than the current model. With the current prices for the flagship SUV starting at Rs 27.70 lakh, ex-showroom, we can expect a price hike of around Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2 lakh on the new model.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Alturas G4 Spy Pics
The Mahindra Alturas G4 is the flagship model from the brand in the Indian market. It offers a host of features and is good on performance; making it an excellent all-round package. The Mahindra Alturas G4 once on sale in India will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.