- 31 min ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 42 min ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 2 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Movies Celebs Back Milap Zaveri For Lashing Out At Kamaal R Khan’s Hypocrisy On Sushant Singh Rajput
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- News Coronavirus: Complete lockdown in Bengaluru from 8 pm tonight till Monday morning
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The Lexus LC500h will soon be launched in the Indian market. Lexus is preparing to launch the 2-door coupe in the Indian market, targeting sportscar buyers. The Lexus LC500h is a GT car with sporty traits and is currently the flagship coupe in Lexus' line-up.
Lexus considering the car for the Indian market is big news because Lexus now looks at India as a matured market and hopes to find a good number of buyers for the LC500h. Lexus is a luxury brand has earned itself a reputation of being a premium ,sensible and utterly reliable car manufacturer, all across the world.
The Lexus LC500h began its journey as the LF-LC Concept was back in 2012. The near-production guise was showcased in 2016 and it finally went on sale in 2017. Lexus launched a refresh earlier this year, and now we finally have confirmation that it will be launched by 2020.
The Lexus LC500h surely stands out in a crowd of sophisticated German rivals. It is one of the most elegant yet aggressive cars to come out from the Lexus stable. It features the signature Lexus hexagonal grille up front flanked by sharp and sleek headlamps with V-shaped LED DRLs.
The long bonnet and wide track makes it look fast even while standing still. The sharp design language continues on the side profile as well. Large vents just behind the doors further add to the style quotient. The Lexus LC500h rides on stylish 20-inch-wheels.
The sharp angles continue at the rear too, with the LED tail-lamp and the bumper with integrated dual exhaust outlets. The interiors in the Lexus LC500h are made up of premium materials and more sharp lines.
Alcantara can be found all over and there's a bit of carbon-fibre trim too. The number of buttons have been kept to a minimum. Infotainment duties are handled by a 10.3-inch touchscreen. The steering wheel is nice and thick, complete with controls for the infotainment, cruise control, drive modes, etc.
The front passenger gets a pair of grab handles, one on either side, giving them an idea of how scary the ride might be. The top-spec Lexus LC500 is powered by a naturally aspirated 5.0-litre V8 engine.
Sadly though, the Indian market won't be getting this engine. Lexus will be launching the LC500h in India and lower case ‘h' at the end should be telling you a lot. Yes, it is a hybrid engine.
Power is drawn from a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine in tandem with an electric motor. Together, they put out a maximum power figure of 349bhp. Lexus has used a complex transmission system that makes use of a 4-speed torque converter and a 6-step CVT at the same time. Together, they allow the driver to play around with 10 gear ratios in manual mode.
Performance as expected from such a car is just brilliant. 0-100km/h is done in just 4.7 seconds and the Lexus LC500h will go on to touch an electronically limited top speed of 249km/h.
Thoughts On Lexus LC500h Sports Coupe To be Launched In India
Being a hybrid, the Lexus LC500h is clean, green and yet offers brilliant performance in a car that is extremely stylish. Sounds perfect right? Well, almost. Because for us petrolheads, a V8 soundtrack beats all else and we would have loved to see the big V8 in the Indian market. If the LC is being launched in India, might as well bring in the masterpiece right?