- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- 11 hrs ago No More Registration Fee For Electric Vehicles — EVs To Become More Accessible In India
- 1 day ago All Cars In India To Feature Minimum 2 Airbags. Who Invented The Airbags, Importance…& More
- 1 day ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- Technology Samsung Independence Day Sale: Price Cut, Discount Offers On Best Samsung Smartphones
- Sports Jack Grealish joins Manchester City in record Premier League deal
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: BB Fulfils Vaishnavi Gowda’s Wish, Actress Receives Sweet Audio Message From Her Mother
- News Assam govt withdraws Mizoram travel advisory; To work towards border peace
- Education HOS 12th Result 2021: HBSE Haryana Open School 12th Result 2021 Released
- Finance 5 High Rated & Top Performing Small-Cap Funds To Plan SIP In 2021
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani, Vidya Balan, And Nora Fatehi Flaunt Sarees; Whose Saree Did You Find The Prettiest?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India announced yesterday that it has partnered with ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services to offer leasing services for its premium car models. The leasing services will be launched across the country but will start at Mumbai, Pune, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, and Bangalore initially.
Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA India, said, "This innovative partnership will enable customers to lease the award winning Jeep Compass without having to pay for the vehicle outright and enjoy the cash flow benefits."
According to livemint, FCA feel that the partnership strengthens their commitment towards providing the Jeep ownership experience to Indian customers. FCA India and ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services will incorporate multiple benefits including road tax payments, insurance and renewals, breakdown assistance, accident repairs, end-to-end maintenance and a pay-as-per-use model for a period of two to five years.
Sandeep Gambhir, Managing Director and CEO, ORIX Auto Infrastructure Services, said, "We look forward to strengthening our leasing solutions and to providing innovative benefits to customers, enabling them to experience premium products and avail of value-adds."
Thoughts About FCA Offering Leasing Of Cars
Automobile manufactures have been investing in leasing strategies for a while now. Volkswagen was the first to offer this scheme a few years ago. They witnessed a big jump in sales of their Skoda models. Volkswagen also leases it hatchbacks to various government offices, agencies, and individuals, having recently won a contract to do so.
Foreign manufactures like Ford, Hyundai, and VW offer leasing services to their C Level management and also to foreign engineers based out of India. They usually lease the vehicles for a period of three years after which the vehicles are refurbished and sold to regular customers for a big discount.
It is great to see companies like Fiat Chrysler Automobiles getting into the leasing game. This is definitely the future of the automotive industry. Every one wants to own and drive premium cars and this may be the right way to go about it. We now need to figure out what leasing costs and then may be we can all drive around in Jeeps. How about that!